Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need help in knowing how to mainstream my child in school. She is too isolated spending most of her day in the resource room.

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 3:14 AM
  • 2 Replies
Mainstreaming in school?
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mardibug
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 7:23 AM
Has the school she's been going to recommended her being mainstreamed?  Has she achieved the level of children her own age, or near her age?  Has she become perhaps "too close" to the teacher(s) in the resource room?  Have you tried spending the day with her?  My brother was mainstreamed at the middle school level.  He had a "buddy" that helped him go from class to class for about the first two months until he was comfortable.  They waited until middle school because he had become very attached to his elementary teacher.  Let me know.  Thanks!
ragedyann32
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 7:51 AM
It is hard to say without knowing more about her issues.  My oldest had ADHD badly in kindergarden and I was against medication and was trying to work through it myself after an overdose at her fathers house.  After realizing that i was harming her I medicated her and then the school wanted to put her in special classes.  once they do that here in ohio anyways they don't care about your kids education.  I spent many years fighting the schools to keep her mainstreamed no matter what they said and I won.  You have to enforce things because they do what is best for them not what is best for your child, that is here in ohio anyways
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN