Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help??

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM
  • 8 Replies
My son's two and for some reason he keeps taking off his own diaper. I've tried putting him in pants and then snapping a onesie OVER them.. and even that doesn't work. If I turn my back for a single minute, he has his diaper off. And what's worse is, he usually does it when he poops so I'm just waiting for the day when he takes off a diaper and gets poop all over my white couch or my white floor.
Anybody else have this problem before? Any advice? I've tried almost everything I can think of. Even spanking him (which I hate doing) doesn't work. Time-out doesn't help.. I'm just running out of ideas.
Anyway- thanks for listenign  :D
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
UTZY
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:42 PM
oh, mommy--spanking?  anyways, a good idea is to overdress him.  you were on the right track.  but--maybe three pairs of pants--and make the last pair a pair of bib overalls.  (i forget what the other name is for them.  brain fart in progress.)
LadyMaya
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:44 PM

My daughter would do this at night...we started putting her sleepers on inside out so she couldn't reach the tab to unzip it.  Not sure what to do for during the day scenarios...I don't think an inside out onesie would make a huge difference.

kbpblondie
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM
Maybe he is ready for potty training? Try putting underware on him and teaching him to potty?
AmNic
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM
Sounds like he is ready to be potty trained. When my daughter started taking off hers Thats when we introduced her to the potty and she just took to it right away!
25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM
yes, we went through this with my granddaughter, one day, while shopping at WalMart, I let her choose some "big girl panties". She chose the princess package. When we got home, i reminded her these were for big girls, like mommy & Nana, And her friend, Kerry, that lived next door. "we don't pee or poop our pretty panties, so you won't either, right? she agreed. After she was bathed, ready to try on her new panties, we decided to give 'em a test ride, stayed in the house, just acting normal. She was 100% potty proof that day! she would not dirty those new panties "Nana let me get." Sometimes, mommy needs a back-up unit, or helper. moms unite!!!!
tellmenolies
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:49 PM
My daughter is 2 and used to do this all the time. I had to resort to putting her diaper on backwards. It helped for a long while. She has stopped doing it but it was such a headache while she was doing it.

Micki

jenjen81605
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Quoting kbpblondie:

Maybe he is ready for potty training? Try putting underware on him and teaching him to potty?

I've already tried potty training him. He'll use his "big boy potty" once in a while, but I obviously can't tell when he has to pee- I need to rely on him to tell me... which he doesn't do.
Thanks to everyone so much for the help. I'll start trying your ideas as soon as I get the chance :D
mom2five247
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 3:23 PM
my youngest went through this phase for a while especially after naptime when she was poopie, she was only 18mos and not ready to potty yet we had to resort to applying a "belt" of duct tape with every new diaper--keeps your walls, bed clothes and couches clean-- we even had to overlap the tape in the back so she couldn't remove it!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured