Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Better Communication Day 10: Focus on Connection

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:03 AM
  • 53 Replies

It's the last day of our Challenge and we want to talk about connections. Sometimes when you're so focused on communication, you can overlook all the reasons you want to communicate with THIS particular person.

Your activity for today is: Focus on Connection. Think about all the reasons you feel connected to your husband or significant other.

What made you fall in love with your spouse? What are some of the things you love and admire about your partner? When things are going well, how does he make you feel? What has your partner done lately that made you think 'I'm glad he's mine'.  What is your hope for the future of your relationship?

in loveThink about these questions and tell us in the replies below! And if you really feel like communcating today, you can tell your DH, too!

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Michael is a very good man. Not just to me, but everyone he knows. He works really hard....I mean REALLY HARD. He takes pride in his work and is very respected by the people he works for and knows.

As for why I love him, other than mentioned above, he makes me feel loved. He works hard so I don't have to. I was able to stay home with our boys, he knew that was my dream. He always puts me first. This hasn't changed in 26 years. Of course, I take very good care of him as well!
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:13 AM

I agree about thinking about the reasons I love my husband. :)  I admire his honesty and kindness.  I'm glad he's mine because I love him and he loves me. :)

Azure
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Can't tell you what made me fall in love with him. I was six when I met him and just knew he was my future husband the moment I saw him and he smiled at me. I felt love for him instantly.

Why I love him is most of the normal stuff you hear from every woman. He's funny. He's kind. He's very smart. I find him incredibly attractive. He's sweet and he's the best father I've ever seen any kid have. He's a hard worker with good morals. He's also my anchor. My life has been filled with pain and turmoil and throughout it all he's been my best friend, dragging me from the depths when life threatened to drown me, lifting me up so I could breathe. He knows me better than anyone else in this world, and he knows all my issues and fears and knows how to deal with them. He's patient and understanding. He's the "shade of my heart" and my rain (I love rain). He's a soothing balm, and I personally feel he IS a gift from God to make up for the crappiness that was the rest of my life.

Most of all he always has been and always will be my best friend. Even if there were no romance I can't imagine my life without him in it. I am thankful for him every day. There are a lot of good men in the world, but I believe I got the best.

I think I will write him a note telling him all of this. Thank you.

Num1GIGI
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Robert is very caring.  He is a hard working and very dependable.  The majority of the time I am treated like the queen I am.  We are in this for the long haul, so I believe the future is brigjht.

janessa27
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Our freshman year in highschool we became friends and he used to sit and talk to me every day at lunch, then we started writing notes, then I started looking for him each day......20+ years and 3 kids later we are still best friends:) I honestly think that is why we have worked out so great- we became good friends first. He is always the person that can cheer me up or have positive words when I am upset or worrying. He doesn't worry about things and he is so laid back. We definitely balance one another out:)

mama2b100808
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I fall in love with him I knew he was my soul mate. I could look in his eyes and can tell he was going to be my husband and a father to our childen. What I admire about him is that he doesn't let people run over him. He doesn't let people hurt his family. Family comes first to him and I love that about him. He makes me feel beautiful, amazing, and strong. Being a wonderful amazing dad to our 7 year old. I hope we grow old together sitting on a porch in rocking chairs! :) 

DawnDMoore40
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

He does all kinds of things. He helps me watch my portion sizes since I've been trying to eat healthier. He takes my Son to his Doctors appointments when I am not able to. He will cook on the nights that I come home from work after he does, which is pretty much all but two nights. He is funny and he makes me laugh! He helps with organizing around the house and will do house chores when I ask him to.

Bookwormy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Wednesday was our 13 year religious wedding anniversary. She was very sweet & romantic! It was good to see that again
rosiemendo
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I could write a book about my life, my marriage, our relationship over the years, and on and on......  Not all of it would be pleasant.  I met my husband in my teens.  We were at the neighborhood playground; he had his arms around my waist and I had mine on his shoulders.  My father came out of nowhere, slapped him, and went to kick him.  I was taken home.  Little did I know that my husband would show up at my door after my father had gone out again.  My mother told him I was fine, but that he'd better leave before my father came home.  I knew then that if he was crazy enough to come by after his encounter w/my father, he must really like me.  We dated on and off for 8 years.  I think I fell in love with his family first.  Then his mother and aunt decided that I was getting "old" (I was about 24.) and that we should get married.  I realized later that his mother was dying and she wanted all of her kids w/a partner so she would be in peace knowing that all 7 of them would be taken care of.  We got married and the first 20 years of our marriage couldn't have been better.  We were married over 25 years and he betrayed me w/a girl he worked with.  After that followed a series of struggles.  I chose to forgive him and stay with him.  I work very hard every day trying to have a connection with him again and this is, indeed, something we both need to keep working on.  This is why I participated in this "Better Communication Challenge."  Kudos to Cafe Amy B for coming up with this and to the CafeMom staff who have helped me in so many ways over the years.  (Sorry response is so long!  smile mini)

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a really difficult day yesterday, and he sent me out for a ride on the four wheeler, and then we went out together for about an hour and just spent time together.  He's always been so supportive and he has a great love for people. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)