Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gestational diabetes testing.

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:15 AM
  • 38 Replies

Just curious to see how many women on here refused the gestational diabetes testing during their pregnancy?If so, what was your reasoning? 

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:21 AM

Yes I did because nobody regularly takes in that much sugar at once and also by the time you give yourself an insulin shot, all that sugar has already affected the baby.  I just moderated my carbs and rather than take the "sugar" test, I took the fasting blood test.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:17 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

amje
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:33 AM
No, I didn't refuse the testing. Why would anyone? If you can control your diet and regularly exercise, then you should be able to control gestational diabetes. But if you don't know you have a problem, how will you think about solving it? Will you eat and exercise like you have type 2 diabetes, jic? Will you buy a glucose level tester and do it yourself? They're cheap & easy, but I would also like someone with a medical degree to oversee my treatments and do some testing occasionally.

I'll keep a journal of the blood glucose test readings, my diet, and my exercise. If my readings had been up and down, or even once out of the normal range in either direction, we'd have something to talk about. But facts are facts. I know how my blood glucose levels are reading, obviously. I'm keeping it at a fairly consistent level and it's always within "Normal" parameters. We're all good, then. Goodbye, Doctor.

I didn't bring my journal at all this time, lmao!
Why bother?๐Ÿ“’๐Ÿ˜œ No one's interested.๐Ÿ˜‰

Time for a new doctor, this one is shady. I don't appreciate that I'm being disrespected.๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ค

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:13 AM

I don't understand why anyone would refuse the testing. If there's a problem, it doesn't mean you have to take insulin, but you have to be more careful about diet and exercise. I wouldn't want to put my baby at risk by doing nothing, and I wouldn't want to have to be on a strict diet if it wasn't needed.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:19 AM
I didn't. Looking back I wish I would have with my second. I failed by 2 points. I obviously was not diabetic. He was my smallest baby !
janessa27
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:31 AM

I don't know why anyone would want to refuse it. I wanted to make sure everything went the best for my baby. Out of 3 pregnancies- my last I had gestational diabetes. I watched what I ate, tested myself twice a day, and it went away as soon as I had my baby. He was born perfectly healthy:)

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:36 AM
I took it.
LaniBee
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM

I didn't refuse this particular test.

whattheheck85
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM
I didn't. I was at a high risk for GD due to my age and family history. I failed the test and the second test. I was able to control my blood sugars until 30 weeks when I had to start insulin. I gained 18 pounds with my pregnancy and DH was over 11 of them.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Did not have it as not suggested,
Hope others can suggest ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)