Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding Work at Home Jobs

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

Until here recently I was working for a local insurance agent. I was completely chewed out over not cold calling people to get more sales. I stood in his office with tears welling up in my eyes as he fussed at me like I was a little kids. I couldn't stand the pressure of selling like that so I quit. I love my kids and for a long time I babysat out f my home while my husband worked. But, I really don't want to get back into babysitting. I have three of my own and I'm busy enough with them. I have considered working part time at night when my husband gets home. But, I really want to be home with my family in the evenings, however I will do what needs to be done. I don't have a degree or anything, but I have alot of clerical/office and banking experience. I worked in a bank for 5+ years. I like working outside of the home but, we really can't afford childcare. Any advice on finding good work at home thats flexible and I can do with kids running around? I'd rather not have any sales jobs. Thats just not my cup of tea. My idea is to get into the medical field and train/school and move up. I don't know if theres med fields that hire for home help? Any advice would be wonderful. Thank you ladies. I'm just stuck between a rock and hard place. We need two incomes. It's not cheap raising kids!

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM

I've seen indeed.com recommended often for work-at-home jobs. Most of them require the same amount of attention that you would give at an office, though, so if your kids are very young you might have to hire a babysitter or mother's helper anyway. It's something to keep in mind when you're looking at the job listings.

Mater-three
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM
I am general/legaltranscriber from home. While the hours are flexible, it's monontous and boring work. It also is difficult work. The pay depends on your typing skills and your ability for details. There are many places that hire beginning trancscribers out there tho the pay isn't great for more experienced ones. I average 10 dollars an hour and I'm not the fastest typist around. It takes a lot of patience

Also, there are no benefits offered as you are an independent contractor and you have to take out your own taxes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM

My niece was a medical transcriptionist when her daughter was little, but you have to go to school to get the training for that.

Sorry. I hope you find something.

Just be very careful. There are a lot of scams out there.

MommaGoosey
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:24 PM

cna/ home health aides set your schedule but is physical work

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM

How old are your children? try for a job in the school system.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 14, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Have you tried direct sale?
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a home day care provider.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:32 PM
I love this.

Quoting virginiamama71:

How old are your children? try for a job in the school system.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)