Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel crazy

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:09 AM
  • 20 Replies
Long story short I have three kids, I love them all more then my own health. Anyways I have a three week old baby boy, and I really keep saying I'm done having kids, mostly because of the cost. If money weren't a factor I'd probably have many more. Anyways, I keep referring to my son as my daughter. I have a DD who is almost 13months old. I've not been spending a lot of time at home right now because my three week old is in the NICU. I'm not sure if I keeping calling my son a daughter because they are so close in age or if its because I want another lo. I love being pregnant but I'm not sure if that's because I really do love being pregnant or if its because it normalizes everything in me mentally.

I am going to get mental help for PTSD and depression this week. I do have an IUD, not that any of this matters.

But has anyone else felt or gone through this feeling.
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1northwestmom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:15 AM
Bump
Hugs to you and congratulations on your new lo 💛
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting 1northwestmom: Bump
Hugs to you and congratulations on your new lo 💛
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:06 AM

Right now your hormones are working on you, so don't get too hard on yourself. I wanted to have another after we were through, I think that's a pretty normal reaction for most moms, we just have to let our intelligence over rule our hearts. We know what's best, but it's sometimes hard to do what we know is best.

It's good you're seeing someone to get help. I'm sure they can help you with this issue as well.

Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 7:57 PM
*hugs*
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:03 PM
I just feel cheated out of two of three births. I can't make them up, I know that, and nothing I did at the time could have changed anything.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Right now your hormones are working on you, so don't get too hard on yourself. I wanted to have another after we were through, I think that's a pretty normal reaction for most moms, we just have to let our intelligence over rule our hearts. We know what's best, but it's sometimes hard to do what we know is best.

It's good you're seeing someone to get help. I'm sure they can help you with this issue as well.

sanj1213
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:10 PM
Sorry you're going through this, glad to hear you are going to talk to your doctor about it.
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:22 PM

I have not, but I have only one biological kid, and all the rest of ours are girls, except for our oldest, so there's not a lot to confuse.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Congrats on your new little one .. hugs to you :)

DecaturS86
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:16 AM
Congrats on the baby! Why is he in the nicu? I hope he gets better! It's probably just your hormones, don't get too upset about it.
timon95
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:26 AM
Congrats! It's good that you are going to talk to your doctor about all of this. It may be because you want more, or because the 2 are close in age. You're still adjusting to the new baby and I am sure you are tired. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)