Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mattress recommendations?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:59 AM
  • 29 Replies
Our mattress is getting old. We have not gotten a new mattress in 15 years.

What are some of the best mattresses out there nowadays? I have never researched mattresses but the hubby complains that our mattress is making his back ache so it is definitely time to get a new one.

How are those Sleep Number beds?

Anyone have one of those?
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM
We got a bed gifted from my FIL about about 2 years ago and it seriously was a life changer lol

It was a Vera wang mattress and we LOVE it.

But then again we went from the typical spring mattress to it. It has not so good reviews from what I've read but I LOVE it.

will never ever go to a spring mattress again I know that much!
Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:00 PM
We have a 1 year old pillowtop Sealy mattress and we love it. Plus it's a California king. Plenty of room for my 6'6 husband and little 5'3 me. :)
sanj1213
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM
I should probably look into getting a new one myself.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Go to a mattress store and lie down on different mattresses. Ask the salesman to walk away. Just lie there and try to pretend you are at home, and see how it feels. Then try another. It needs to be what fits you and feels good to you.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:19 PM

We got a combination mattress.  It has the foam and some traditional support, plus the cooling gel so that it isn't too hot.  I think it's a Sealy.

MOM-RN
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:20 PM
I adore my sleep number mattress!!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:15 PM

Sleep number bed was ok at first,
Now I hate it :(

Best of luck :)

timon95
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:28 AM
We have a pillow top
lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 3:45 PM

I've slept on a sleep mattress bed while house sitting and I hated it.  I would go to a mattress store and try out all the options.  Everyone likes something different and there are tons of options.

mnmo3bb
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 4:16 PM

I have a sleep number, have for almost 12 years now. It's nice in that it doesn't wear out, it's also easy to move because it folds up... but it's pretty much just a fancy air matress... I'm not sure what else is out there. My husband likes the bed but he sets it to like 100, he likes it firm. I have my side soft but then it's like a hammock... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)