Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what is going on with my daughter

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:42 AM
  • 29 Replies

Professional advice or some thoughts will definitely be much appreciated! 

My daughter is 7 and will turn 8 this April. 

It has been a few days that she is acting very mad and agressive. 

If some little thing bothers her, she will loose it, stumping, screaming. 

She threw the fork at the omelet she asked me to make because she wanted to have it for dinner.

It has been days she gets very crazily mad when her brother sniff. All of us in the house sniff, nothing bothers her, but when her brother did it, she looses it. 

I kind of blame on her school (we are in Laos at the moment and she went to International School). 

I don't know how to stop her from doing this. It's very root, disrespectful, frunstrating and it's not healthy for anyoen of us. 

- More later! 

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:46 AM
How recently did she change schools?
louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know.  Maybe she is upset about something and doesn't know how to handle it so this is how it presents itself.  I hope you can figure it out.  Good luck!!  Let us know  :)

virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:03 AM

changes in the home or with the school?

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM
3 moms liked this

Have you sat her down at a time when she's calm, and talked to her about it and ask what is happening in school or anything else that is bothering her? She probably can't answer the question of why she's becoming angry, but maybe just talking might bring up something. Don't do it in a confrontational way. Maybe take her somewhere she likes to go, like a park, for a mommy and daughter time,  have some fun, and then just talk.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:58 AM

I agree to talk with her when she is calm. There may be something going on at school or with her friends and she doesn't know how to handle it, not that her behavior is acceptable. I hope you made her clean up after the thrown fork incident.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Discipline her every time she acts out.  Be consistant and if it doesn't get better maybe counseling.  

sanj1213
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:56 PM
Is she being disciplined?
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 1:09 PM

My daughter was acting like this last year and it was because she was being bullied. I'm not saying that is what is happening but it could be something else.

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Bullying was my first thought as well. OP I hope you all figure out what is going on. Let us know.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

My daughter was acting like this last year and it was because she was being bullied. I'm not saying that is what is happening but it could be something else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:43 PM

You can send her to a child psychologist to evaluate.  Have you asked your daughter why she acts this way?  Anything change in her life?  Have rules in the house listed for her to follow.  If she doesn't, disapline.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)