Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuesday....

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

what are you doing?

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:57 AM

Good morning....having some coffee and trying to wake up.  I'm telling you...it's been a stressful last few days.  First with Lorna's dad dying and then my uncle and his health.  He was rushed back to the hospital last night.  Having trouble breathing and in such pain.  He was thrashing around, moaning and crying.  It was awful.  I don't know how the medical profession does it.  How do you handle someone being in that kind of pain?  How do you show compassion etc when you see this all the time?  Do you get desensitized (sp?) or what?  I would hope not.  Ugh...it was SO upsetting to see.  I had trouble going to sleep.  They started a morphine drip and even then it wasn't working.  They had to keep upping it.  Hospice will be coming in soon.  They are working on it I guess.  But you know what, I would rather God take him on home than to see him like that.  Really sad.  I don't think I could work in a job where I had to see that kind of thing everyday.  I admire the ones who can.

I hope you all have a good day....say a little prayer for Lorna's family and for my uncle.  Thanks  :)

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I have friends and family members who work in the medical field, and I think that even though they empathize with the patient and the family, they do have to try to stay a bit removed, while not become desensitized,  in order to do their job properly, but it does take a toll on them, especially when there's nothing they can do but try to make them comfortable. They are trained to heal, so when they can't, it's difficult for them as well.

So sorry you are having to suffer through this. It is hard deal with the end of life, and more so to see your loved one in pain. My thoughts are with you as you try to support these families.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....having some coffee and trying to wake up.  I'm telling you...it's been a stressful last few days.  First with Lorna's dad dying and then my uncle and his health.  He was rushed back to the hospital last night.  Having trouble breathing and in such pain.  He was thrashing around, moaning and crying.  It was awful.  I don't know how the medical profession does it.  How do you handle someone being in that kind of pain?  How do you show compassion etc when you see this all the time?  Do you get desensitized (sp?) or what?  I would hope not.  Ugh...it was SO upsetting to see.  I had trouble going to sleep.  They started a morphine drip and even then it wasn't working.  They had to keep upping it.  Hospice will be coming in soon.  They are working on it I guess.  But you know what, I would rather God take him on home than to see him like that.  Really sad.  I don't think I could work in a job where I had to see that kind of thing everyday.  I admire the ones who can.

I hope you all have a good day....say a little prayer for Lorna's family and for my uncle.  Thanks  :)

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Doing some laundry and staying out of dh's way while he works on organizing our financial records. lol

Maybe going to a movie later.

Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

work and cleaning!

Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I am the same way...I hate hospitals due to my dad being in and out of them for five years when I was a kid. I can't take seeing anyone suffering. I'd rather send well wishes and just pray for them.

I'm praying for your uncle and all who love him!

Quoting louannwilkins:

athorne
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Just got some laundry and cleaning done while my 4 year old was in school and then took my 10 month old son out around the yard and down by the creek for the first time since he is sitting up now and the weather is nice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)