Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was your last large purchase?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:51 AM
  • 125 Replies

What was the last thing you bought that took a big chunk of change?

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM

For me, I'd say the last expensive thing I bought was a new dishwasher. The old one, which wasn't really all that old, the control panel burned out and it would have been more expensive to repair it than to get a new machine.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say paying for our 2 dd's weddings.  

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Oh yes for sure!!

Quoting atlmom2:

I would say paying for our 2 dd's weddings.  

chicken13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

finally bought a kind sized bed to go under the king mattress we bought last year.  yeah me.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM

Are you happy with it?

Quoting chicken13:

finally bought a kind sized bed to go under the king mattress we bought last year.  yeah me.

chicken13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM

I ADORE IT.  

It's a gorgeous mahogany farmhouse style canopy bed.  It totally works with the vaulted ceilings cause of the height of the posts.  love it.  just love it.

It took forever to find exactly what i want and then just as long to squirrel away the cash to get it....but well worth the wait.

Quoting Bmat:

Are you happy with it?

Quoting chicken13:

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:12 AM

I am so happy to hear this. Good for you! :)

Quoting chicken13:

I ADORE IT.  

It's a gorgeous mahogany farmhouse style canopy bed.  It totally works with the vaulted ceilings cause of the height of the posts.  love it.  just love it.

It took forever to find exactly what i want and then just as long to squirrel away the cash to get it....but well worth the wait.

Quoting Bmat:

Are you happy with it?

Quoting chicken13:

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

For myself, it was probably the midwife's fee for delivering my son last year. But for a tangible item, my sewing machine. I'm buying a table and chairs soon, though, and that will be quite a bit of money.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:14 PM

I hadn't thought about a fee, if you don't mind saying, what is a rough estimate of the amount charged?

Table and chairs for a dining room?

Quoting illogicalkat:

For myself, it was probably the midwife's fee for delivering my son last year. But for a tangible item, my sewing machine. I'm buying a table and chairs soon, though, and that will be quite a bit of money.

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Midwife fees vary widely by region, but in my city around $3000-4000 is average. This covers prenatal care, delivery, and postnatal care up to 6 weeks. That's also about what my delivery and hospital stay cost in Japan.

And, yes! For the dining room. We're still using a card table I bought 5 years ago. It's starting to fall apart, I'm quite impressed it's lasted as long as it has. It's frustrating, though, because I won't buy furniture manufactured in Asia, and that limits the places I can shop.

Quoting Bmat:

I hadn't thought about a fee, if you don't mind saying, what is a rough estimate of the amount charged?

Table and chairs for a dining room?

Quoting illogicalkat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)