Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My next door neighbor walks his dog while carrying a baseball bat; has a card that says he is in National Security

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

He keeps the bat in his van & gets it everytime he takes his dog for a walk. If you look at him he acts like he is using it as a walking stick. it just pisses my husband off. The neighbor has a crd that says he is in National Security so IDK if he is puffing up his feathers about that-he helps watch people at our town's once a year festival, that's when he showed me his card. WTH it is very weird we live in a 'safe' area. I bet he wouldn't be all puffed up with a bat if we lived in a bad area. Should I ask a police officer about this strange behaviour or just keep trying to ignore the weirdness? BTW he does 'watch' out the window/is nosy about when my friends come over & before I got curtains in my sunroom I saw him on his deck looking in to my kitchen! Weird/nosey!

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaStiles
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Does he wear a tin foil hat?
glynch
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:28 PM

When I walk my dog I always carry a stick, bat something just in case.  You never know when another dog will come at you and I am not going to put my hand s between to dogs. And I live in a safe area too.

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

He is not in "National Security", unless that's the name of a contracted service that provides temporary "security" workers. If he actually worked for NSA or Homeland Security, he wouldn't be flashing a printed card at people during festivals.

For the spying/snooping on neighbors...I'd call him out on it, tell him it's rude and an invasion of privacy. Also tell him that you're more than willing to contact his supervisor to let them know that his "cover" is busted, so he needs to cut it out.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Has he ever done anything threatening, or is he just an irritation?

Just to be safe, you could ask a police officer or call in the police station, at the non-emergency number, and just say what you said here, you're not sure if he's really a problem, but he is kinda creepy. Depending on the size of your town, they may already know about him.

I would also call city hall and find out who is in charge of the festival, and tell them about his behaviour. 

He may just be a nosy man who doesn't have a real life, but he also may be a potential problem that could be nipped in the bud by the authorities.  

You would hate yourself if something happened and you hadn't done anything.

Greenbird15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM

A stick is a good idea or a cane but a bat is a little strange

Quoting glynch:

When I walk my dog I always carry a stick, bat something just in case.  You never know when another dog will come at you and I am not going to put my hand s between to dogs. And I live in a safe area too.

Greenbird15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:47 PM

You are so right about him not really being in NSA that is so funny. It is rude my friend was like who is that man I'm like what? That man just walked up and down the stairs FIVE times looking out the window at us (talking in her car) when I looked up at him he turned off the lights (so he could watch undetected I presume).

Quoting illogicalkat:

He is not in "National Security", unless that's the name of a contracted service that provides temporary "security" workers. If he actually worked for NSA or Homeland Security, he wouldn't be flashing a printed card at people during festivals.

For the spying/snooping on neighbors...I'd call him out on it, tell him it's rude and an invasion of privacy. Also tell him that you're more than willing to contact his supervisor to let them know that his "cover" is busted, so he needs to cut it out.

Greenbird15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:15 PM

He doesn't appear to be threatening, considering that when you look at him he quickly acts like he is using the bat as a walking stick-he is in his late 50's/early 60's. I like your suggestion/wording about not being sure if he is a problem. Depending on what the officer says we may call the festival committee. Thanks!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Has he ever done anything threatening, or is he just an irritation?

Just to be safe, you could ask a police officer or call in the police station, at the non-emergency number, and just say what you said here, you're not sure if he's really a problem, but he is kinda creepy. Depending on the size of your town, they may already know about him.

I would also call city hall and find out who is in charge of the festival, and tell them about his behaviour. 

He may just be a nosy man who doesn't have a real life, but he also may be a potential problem that could be nipped in the bud by the authorities.  

You would hate yourself if something happened and you hadn't done anything.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Maybe its to protect his dog from other dogs? What kind of dog? I'm a groomer and one of my clients carrys basically a metal pipe with chain to protect her small dog who has been attacked by another dog. Or by the sounds of it, maybe he's just really paranoid...

Greenbird15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2016 at 10:43 AM

He has a beagle. Maybe it is to protect his dog? IDK We have been here 6 1/2 yrs & only saw 2 dogs running free here 1 escaped their yard & the other was running away from their jerk owner-i know this since she ran up to me & I saw the jerk ball his fist up & come at the dog. Since he did not hit her in front of me the police couldn't do anything. She looked skinny but they couldn't do anything either since we don't have animal control here the police handle everything-or not! Women walk & jog here alone all the time so its kind of like 'where is Waldo' walking down the street when you see my neighbor. LOL

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Maybe its to protect his dog from other dogs? What kind of dog? I'm a groomer and one of my clients carrys basically a metal pipe with chain to protect her small dog who has been attacked by another dog. Or by the sounds of it, maybe he's just really paranoid...

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Member on Mar. 25, 2016 at 10:53 AM
So what if he carries a bat. And i bet he would still use it in a bad neighborhood. The looking at the window is odd, but i look out my window when i hear a car stop near my house. Put a sign up saying something about not looking in your windows or whatrver, usually i can come up with something clever but it's not working right now lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)