Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This sucks

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
I have three kids, ages 6 & 1 years old and 1 month. Their dad has another son who is 2 with someone else. Because neither parent could come to an agreement about a parenting plan, they took it to court and was assigned a guardian ad lien. She wanted to talk to me to get something's straighten out. One of the things she asked me was if the kids dad had an open CPS case. She asked more details then just that, but I had to tell and give her information that has put me in a spot of having the tell him that he has two months to find himself a place to live; or CPS is going to come remove the kids from my care. So it sucks because its going to become a huge fight because he opened his mouth and said things.

Thankfully I'm being given that time to help him move out, he has development problems. I didn't know to what extent his problems were till now, plus that's a long story. Anyways, Its a I tell him and help him or CPS involves the police. To me being on the side of the police helping intervene that's more traumatic to the kids then anyone else. So I'm going to try to make this a civil as possible, hopefully, fingers crossed.

Any help as far as how to best handle it or positive thoughts would help.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:59 PM

I hope it all goes well. You sound like a concerned and caring person. I hope the children come out well from all of this.

1northwestmom
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:04 PM
Why does he have to move out?
virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:31 PM

does the father have an open Cps case?

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:52 PM
No, but he still has to go or there will be, because the guardian ad litem will do something. She is a CPS worker, just hired by the courts.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:53 PM
He neglected my 1 yr old, by leaving her in her crib for hours in a dirty diaper. I was hospitalized, my mom stepped in every day and ended up caring for her.

Quoting 1northwestmom: Why does he have to move out?
virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:54 PM

why are they going to open a case?

Quoting Bookoholic: No, but he still has to go or there will be, because the guardian ad litem will do something. She is a CPS worker, just hired by the courts.
Quoting virginiamama71:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:56 PM
He neglected my 1 yr old, by leaving her in her crib for hours in a dirty diaper. I was hospitalized, my mom stepped in every day and ended up caring for her.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting Bookoholic: No, but he still has to go or there will be, because the guardian ad litem will do something. She is a CPS worker, just hired by the courts.
Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:00 PM

when did he do this? where was he at for hours?

Quoting Bookoholic: He neglected my 1 yr old, by leaving her in her crib for hours in a dirty diaper. I was hospitalized, my mom stepped in every day and ended up caring for her.
Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:04 PM
Asleep in his bed, not even 5 feet away. And last month. I have taken care of my daughters care and hired my best friend to watch my kids.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting Bookoholic: He neglected my 1 yr old, by leaving her in her crib for hours in a dirty diaper. I was hospitalized, my mom stepped in every day and ended up caring for her.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Is he on drugs, meds, drunk ? losing his hearing? If you think he will neglect the child again, why wait 2 months. He can go live with a friend or family member.

Quoting Bookoholic: Asleep in his bed, not even 5 feet away. And last month. I have taken care of my daughters care and hired my best friend to watch my kids.
Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)