Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online counseling

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:22 AM
  • 27 Replies
Hello everyone,

I am considering online counseling, but I am a little skeptical so I was wondering if anyone on here has ever done it or world even consider trying it?
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't, but I think if you need counseling then get it however you can for the moment. I hope some women here can give you advice from personal experience. BUMP
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump because I'd like to know, too.
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:56 AM

I haven't had counseling before. If I needed it I would not use online services. My job has employee assistance program that I would feel more comfortable using.

klr0712
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:38 PM
The reason I'm considering online is because I work full-time and outside of my work schedule I don't have a sitter. Besides even with my schedule I'm not sure if I could find an office to fit my hours. I just could really use someone to talk to right now, but I don't want to waste my money on something that's not going to be worth it

Quoting virginiamama71:

I haven't had counseling before. If I needed it I would not use online services. My job has employee assistance program that I would feel more comfortable using.

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never tried it, and I don't think it would be very effective.
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:17 PM
I never knew that existed.
klr0712
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:04 PM
Yea. All therapist are licenced and you can opt to do like text/e-mail conversations or Skype type conversations. I don't know though, I've looked through some sites and was just looking for personal feedback. It seems legit,but you can never be sure. I've been in therapy before so I guess I'd know if it's not worth it once I start, I'm just trying to avoid doing it though if it isn't worth it.

Quoting .Angelica.: I never knew that existed.
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Try contacting the mental health office in your area.they may be able to help you find  some counselors/therapists that have weekend or evening hours.

Quoting klr0712: The reason I'm considering online is because I work full-time and outside of my work schedule I don't have a sitter. Besides even with my schedule I'm not sure if I could find an office to fit my hours. I just could really use someone to talk to right now, but I don't want to waste my money on something that's not going to be worth it
Quoting virginiamama71:

sanj1213
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:17 PM
I haven't tried it.
delanna6two
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)