Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A staff person at my doctor's went beyond what was required to help me

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

I already thanked her on the phone, but I wonder if I should also get her a present of some kind?

There was a problem with a med - the drug company said they never got the renewal, the doctor's office said they not only faxed it but called it in. The staff person called the company several times to get it taken care of, and even gave me her cell number so I could call her to tell her if I was finally getting the med. This was very kind of her.

What do you think? Should I get her a gift? Send a thank you card? Just let the phone call be thanks enough?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
If you feel the Need to Do a Thank you card or something go ahead and do it.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do a thank you card and writing something inside that says something about her going beyond the call of duty. Maybe a few little blossoms from your garden in a tiny vase-even a little jelly jar, or a plate of cookies (they don't have to be homemade) but put them on a disposable plate or container, covered in saran wrap and tied with a ribbon, something small and simple, that would look nice on her desk and the other workers or clients would see and maybe ask her about. Everyone likes to be appreciated and it's nice when others can see it.  Thanking someone for something they did that was out of the ordinary makes them feel good, and it always makes me feel good as well.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:56 PM

I'll be in town next week.  I can even get her a little box of candy from the candy store.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I would do a thank you card and writing something inside that says something about her going beyond the call of duty. Maybe a few little blossoms from your garden in a tiny vase-even a little jelly jar, or a plate of cookies (they don't have to be homemade) but put them on a disposable plate or container, covered in saran wrap and tied with a ribbon, something small and simple, that would look nice on her desk and the other workers or clients would see and maybe ask her about. Everyone likes to be appreciated and it's nice when others can see it.  Thanking someone for something they did that was out of the ordinary makes them feel good, and it always makes me feel good as well.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I do feel I should do something.  I am so often faced with people who have no enthusiasm about their jobs that to encounter a person who does more than required is nice. :)

Quoting auntangelofsix: If you feel the Need to Do a Thank you card or something go ahead and do it.

auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:39 PM
Your welcome.

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you. I do feel I should do something.  I am so often faced with people who have no enthusiasm about their jobs that to encounter a person who does more than required is nice. :)

Quoting auntangelofsix: If you feel the Need to Do a Thank you card or something go ahead and do it.

louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

For me GOOD customer service is a BIG deal.  Mainly because it's so hard to find now.  I would do a card with a special note and if you have anything flowering un your yard maybe a small vase with some of those.  She will appreciate it too I'm sure.  I'm so glad to hear your story!!  Makes me feel good :)

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM

That would be a sweet thing to do.

Quoting Bmat:

I'll be in town next week.  I can even get her a little box of candy from the candy store.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Quoting SweetLuci:

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

So true.

Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)