Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TGIF

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

what are you doing?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Good morning....I'm a little late getting in here.  I've been doing laundry and piddling around and hadn't even realized it.  lol

It's a little chilly this morn.  Not sure what it's supposed to be like today.  I know it will be below freezing on Sat night.  Not looking forward to that.

I really don't have a lot going on today.  Hoping to get some things done here at home.  I hope you all have a good day  :)

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Still dealing with reaction to hair dye. Yesterday, I talked to the beautician again, and went in. She told me to immediately go to the doctor, that this was serious and shouldn't have lasted this long. She said her insurance  would pay, but I have good insurance, and went to a walk-in clinic in my plan, since they could access all my records. The doctor gave me two perscriptions, which I started taking yesterday, not much change yet. Still itching and burning like crazy. Hopefully it will ease up some today. The beautician also said I will have to have a skin test done before any new products are put on my hair now, because this happened once, I will be more succeptible next time, and that I may not be able to use any dye again. Oh no...say it isn't so!

Nothing planned for today.

louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:40 AM

I'm so sorry you're still having problems!!  Was this your reg person who colored your hair?  I can't remember what you'd said about that.  I know it has to be uncomfortable.  Also dealing with your dh having to have tests etc...sounds like it's been a stressful time for you.  I hope you will see a big change today and maybe it won't happen again.  Hugs to you!!!  :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Still dealing with reaction to hair dye. Yesterday, I talked to the beautician again, and went in. She told me to immediately go to the doctor, that this was serious and shouldn't have lasted this long. She said her insurance  would pay, but I have good insurance, and went to a walk-in clinic in my plan, since they could access all my records. The doctor gave me two perscriptions, which I started taking yesterday, not much change yet. Still itching and burning like crazy. Hopefully it will ease up some today. The beautician also said I will have to have a skin test done before any new products are put on my hair now, because this happened once, I will be more succeptible next time, and that I may not be able to use any dye again. Oh no...say it isn't so!

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:52 AM

The one who has done my hair for 30 years had to retire due to medical problems, so I've been to several different ones, trying to find someone. This woman was recommended by two friends, and has a shop close to where I live. The previous person I went to had dyed my hair very dark, and this one said she had to lighten it first, to get that color off, then dye it. So at first, I didn't know if she did something wrong, or it was an alergic reaction. A friend who's a nurse, and then the doctor yesterday said it wasn't a chemical burn, but was an alergic reaction. I'd never had my hair bleached before, so I thought it might be that. This beautician said it could have been the combination of the processes, or just that I'm alergic to some chemical in this company's product. My beautician before used Redken, this one uses Paul Mitchell, so it's not like it's some off brand. It's a reputable company, but I won't be using that again. And since it's what this one uses, so she knows I can't continue being her customer, so I was surprised that she offered to pay, even though it wasn't her fault, and even though I can't continue with her.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I'm so sorry you're still having problems!!  Was this your reg person who colored your hair?  I can't remember what you'd said about that.  I know it has to be uncomfortable.  Also dealing with your dh having to have tests etc...sounds like it's been a stressful time for you.  I hope you will see a big change today and maybe it won't happen again.  Hugs to you!!!  :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea, I remembered that you were losing her but couldn't remember if it had happened or not.  It was very nice of her to offer to pay.  It says a lot about her actually.  It's a shame she couldn't use the same product but I know sometimes the place you work or have a booth rental only uses certain brands.  Wanda uses Redkin on mine too and I know eventually I'll have to find someone else since she is where I DID live.  lol  But, as long as I'm making the drive twice a month for work I will continue to use her.  It's scary to change!!!  I had some bad experiences before I found her.  I hope you will start to feel better soon  :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

The one who has done my hair for 30 years had to retire due to medical problems, so I've been to several different ones, trying to find someone. This woman was recommended by two friends, and has a shop close to where I live. The previous person I went to had dyed my hair very dark, and this one said she had to lighten it first, to get that color off, then dye it. So at first, I didn't know if she did something wrong, or it was an alergic reaction. A friend who's a nurse, and then the doctor yesterday said it wasn't a chemical burn, but was an alergic reaction. I'd never had my hair bleached before, so I thought it might be that. This beautician said it could have been the combination of the processes, or just that I'm alergic to some chemical in this company's product. My beautician before used Redken, this one uses Paul Mitchell, so it's not like it's some off brand. It's a reputable company, but I won't be using that again. And since it's what this one uses, so she knows I can't continue being her customer, so I was surprised that she offered to pay, even though it wasn't her fault, and even though I can't continue with her.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting SweetLuci:

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:51 AM

Yeah, it's going to be a problem finding someone I think.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Yea, I remembered that you were losing her but couldn't remember if it had happened or not.  It was very nice of her to offer to pay.  It says a lot about her actually.  It's a shame she couldn't use the same product but I know sometimes the place you work or have a booth rental only uses certain brands.  Wanda uses Redkin on mine too and I know eventually I'll have to find someone else since she is where I DID live.  lol  But, as long as I'm making the drive twice a month for work I will continue to use her.  It's scary to change!!!  I had some bad experiences before I found her.  I hope you will start to feel better soon  :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting SweetLuci:

lilkksmom
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I was hoping you were doing better. Hopefully the meds from dr will fix it.

Quoting SweetLuci:

lilkksmom
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey sounds like a pretty chill day for you! Enjoy it!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....I'm a little late getting in here.  I've been doing laundry and piddling around and hadn't even realized it.  lol

It's a little chilly this morn.  Not sure what it's supposed to be like today.  I know it will be below freezing on Sat night.  Not looking forward to that.

I really don't have a lot going on today.  Hoping to get some things done here at home.  I hope you all have a good day  :)

lilkksmom
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:19 PM
The day is going kinda slow. My DD is home sick with strep. We have been watching tv most of day. I am gonna get up and start cleaning up in a few.
louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Aww strep throat is no fun! I hope she will feel better soon.  I hope you don't get it either!  Take care and don't work too hard  :)

Quoting lilkksmom: The day is going kinda slow. My DD is home sick with strep. We have been watching tv most of day. I am gonna get up and start cleaning up in a few.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)