Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie on Essential Oils

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM
  • 36 Replies

After hearing a lot about essential oils and seeing a lot of uses for them on pinterest. I think I am going to start getting into essential oils.

Where do you buy them? (I've found some on Amazon.)

What are your favorite oils?

What is your favorite brand?

What are the must haves?

What are your favorite ways to use them?

Do you have any recipes you us them in? (Food, Cleaning, or Personal Care.)

I'd love to hear your success stories or any advice. :)

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaNeeNee
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

idk but I want some SOOOO bad & all of these are great questions! 

BUMP!

fivekids2220
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I buy doTerra oils -- they are probably more expensive, but you are sure to get exactly what you want.  Many of the lesser known companies are unreliable as to content.  For example, much of the lavender sold is not really lavender oil at all.  I own probably every oil that doTerra sells, but use lavender, lemon, and peppermint probably the most of all the single oils, and use the deepBlue roll-on the most of all the mixed oils.  deepBlue is good for muscle tension and soreness, and since my neck and jaw are always painful, this is a life saver for me.  

I make my own lotions, balms, salves, etc. as well as cleaning products using the oils....

anotherandree
by Inga on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I have several friends that sell Young Living. I got a variety but the ones I keep coming back to are Peppermint and Lavendar. I get migraines and the combination of the two help quickly! I also use Theives for cleaning.

With both doTerra and Yoing Living, the oils are safe for your skin (in small doses, of course, nothing crazy) but commercial brands have lots of fillers and such so be careful. For example, I've ingested a drop or two of the peppermint for an upset stomach of the Young Living oils but I would never do that with ones I buy at a regular store.
Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm new to oils as well. I have quite a few but haven't done anything with them yet.
yvonne37
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

i get them mostly on amazon and i try to find the ones that are organic. I have also done my own.  peppermint is easy, grow your own peppermint and other plants and find the recipes online... then all you have to do is be patient (get glass jars for this)

allebas1
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy doTerra. They are amazing! I'm currently taking Frankincense, OnGuard and Oregano in a capsule twice a day. I'm fighting off a bladder infection.
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am also just learning about the oils. Right now I am using them as air fresheners.

AmandaK84
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Bumping to check back for more info
QueenBof6
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I use young living (and sell) I use my diffuser ALL the time.

Lavender is my favorite for bedtime.

During the day I like to use the citrus oils.

I had really bad cramps and used some cypress and lavender on my stomach and it worked wonders.

I use white Angelica and joy for when the kids do thier homework.

I could go on and on lol.
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I like essential oils.  My favorites are Lavender, Lemon, and Rosemary.  I use them in soaps and laundry detergent, and my daughter makes scented candles.

http://freshwateracademy.blogspot.com/2012/01/homemade-soaps-shampoos-etc.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)