Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM
  • 29 Replies
Hi my name is Pam I am a single mother with a 13 year old daughter who has a lot of issues she is out of control and I don't know what to do with her she goes to see a counselor every week and I don't think that it is helping her I just don't know what to do anymore I have no one to talk to I am all alone
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:23 AM

how long has she been in counseling?

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you talk to the counselor? They should be giving you some ideas about how to help with her behaviour.

momof3inct1967
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM
Sorry mama. That's a tough age. What's her life like? Anything stressful going on? Is your home stable? Do you work long hours? Any recent changes? Any chance she's being bullied or questioning her gender or orientation?
By out of control do you mean violent, running away, substance abuse? Does she haves lot of responsibilities? No responsibilities?
How's she doing in school? What have you tried so far? What about her friends?
How about you? Are you going through a tough time? Other kids? Healthy? Taking care of yourself? If you don't you won't be able to take care of anyone else .
You don't have to answer any of these questions here- just starting points to figure out what's going on.
Good luck
janessa27
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

Do you talk to the counselor? They should be giving you some ideas about how to help with her behaviour.

I agree with this

BmoreRavens
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Get these books!

You can first read the book reviews on Amazon if you like, and I think all of these books are available at the library.

• Yes, Your Teen is Crazy!: Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind Paperback - by Michael J Bradley (Author)      
  • Yes, Your Parents Are Crazy!: A Teen Survival Guide Paperback - by Michael J Bradley (Author)    
  • Parenting Without Stress: How to Raise Responsible Kids While Keeping a Life of Your Own Hardcover – by Marvin Marshall (Author)
  • Parenting a Teen Girl: A Crash Course on Conflict, Communication and Connection with Your Teenage Daughter by - Lucie Hemmen (Author)
Azure
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Hi Pam.

When you say she is out of control can you give some examples? What's the story behind her seeing a counselor?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM
If the counsler isn't working with you to help her I would definitely get a different counselor for her
delanna6two
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hope things work out...

ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Can you homeschool her?

timon95
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM
What are the issues and how is she out of control? What does the counselor say to you about helping her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)