Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stress

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM
  • 18 Replies
Can any of you moms give me advice on stress during pregnancy? I moved away from my home, friends, and family about 7 months ago. I am currently living with my boyfriend and his parents, going to school and work. I am working with my boyfriends parents also, and since I am 8 months pregnant .. When can I ask them if I could go on maternity leave ?
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Will they still pay you while on maternity leave?

Mamalyn808
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM
Nopw but I have enough money saved up !
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Yoga, walking, deep breathing exercises (all of which will help during labor, as well!)

As for the maternity leave issue...I don't know. As long as you aren't on bedrest, I would plan to work up until delivery. The last month of pregnancy is certainly the most uncomfortable, but it's better to take leave after baby arrives. That's when you need the most rest, and the most privacy.

othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:06 PM

I am not sure about the maternity leave. I would talk with them now about it though so they have time to find some one to take your spot if needed, maybe go on leave 1 week or so before your due date

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM
I guess it depends on the type of work you are doing. I left work less than 3 before I delivered. I left at 2:50am and she was delivered at 5:02am. I do data entry work not strenuous activity so that wasn't a problem. It really depends on what you do and what you can handle. I am sure they will not want to jeopardize the safety of their grandchild.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:03 PM

I would spak with them now about maternity leave,
As to the stress .. hopefully others have some ideas for you :)

chicken13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Your doctor will tell you when you are "done working"....otherwise, you "have" to work until you deliver.  

I wanted to work right up until delivery so I could use our savings for more time after the baby....that didn't work out and I was put on bed rest 3 months prior to delivery.  Not my choice.  

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 4:15 PM
I worked up until the day I had my kids. I don't find it necessary to take off before unless there's medical issues.
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 5:21 PM

I would talk to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)