Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doula?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:06 PM
  • 17 Replies
Did you use one when you were in labor?
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1northwestmom
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:13 PM
Yes, my midwife became doula when I had to give birth in the hospital rather then at home as originally planned.
Doulas are great! They know a lot of great ways to alleviate your labor pains, they are great emotional support as well and not in anyway should your dh feel replaced but he should feel supported too
Are you thinking about having one?
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:35 PM

We did not :)

sanj1213
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:17 PM
I didn't.
Flurffy
by Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Not for either birth, but we did have excellent midwives. They stayed with you throughout your entire labor regardless of shifts or the length of labor. I was also extremely introverted during labor and didn't want to be touched or talked to or "soothed" in any way. Doulas are great but not for everyone.
delanna6two
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:28 PM

I did not use a doula but my dh was there with me and was an excellent support person for me.

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Yes, with my second baby. A good doula is worth her weight in gold! I highly recommend hiring one.

timon95
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:49 PM
I used a midwife
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 5:21 PM
I really wanted to use one for my last baby. We had a meeting scheduled for 31 weeks that I had to cancel hours before because my son decided to come early. Lol
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 5:31 PM
Yes, for our second and third.
sonnyswoman75
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Yes I am but for me the father isn't in the picture so that's why I am considering it.

Quoting 1northwestmom: Yes, my midwife became doula when I had to give birth in the hospital rather then at home as originally planned.
Doulas are great! They know a lot of great ways to alleviate your labor pains, they are great emotional support as well and not in anyway should your dh feel replaced but he should feel supported too
Are you thinking about having one?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)