Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A few questions?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:06 AM
  • 23 Replies
I'm going to be 29 in a couple weeks I have a 5 year old and a 9 year old and I love being there Mommy!! I have been wanting a baby for like a year now but I am a heavier girl and need to lose weight and get healthier before I have one!! Any one else had to do this? How can I lose weight fast and healthy? Would u have another one considering the age gap? I always wanted 3 kids but am kind of nervous because I was so much younger with my other 2! I appreciate the input! Thanks in advance and have a blessed day!!
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM
Eat healthy and stay active. Good luck!
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Well, you're certainly not "too old" to have another baby, so that shouldn't be a consideration at all.

For weight loss, look into myfitnesspal (if you want something free) or weight watchers (if you don't mind paying some money for a more personalized program). Figure to lose approximately a pound or two each week, if you want to lose the weight safely.

Flurffy
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:07 AM
I'm not help with the weight aspect, but 29 is not too old at all. And the age gap isn't that big of a deal either.
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM

change your eating habits and become more active. Daily walking for 30 minutes or more is an easy start.

SamZ123
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM

29 is to old to have a baby? I had my last one at 37.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM

I would maybe suggest seeing your doctor or a nutritionist. Is it recommended? Yes. Is it healthier? Yes. But at the same token there are lots of people regardless of their weight that get pregnant if that makes sense. I just feel it's a sensitive subject and if your doctor advises you to lose weight, then you should do so versus our opinions. 29 is not old either. I had my first child at age 34.  

Brandi52087
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Im so sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone nor did I mean to imply 29 was to old to have a baby! I thought maybe there is someone in the same boat and could tell me if hormones spike at that age or baby blues kick in or my biological clock is acting up orbjust when ur ready your ready!..lol and for the record I have a very close friend who had her first baby at 45 And she had a perfect pregnancy and Baby girl!!
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Mom2Just1: Eat healthy and stay active. Good luck!

sanj1213
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:52 PM
I was 35 when I had my first. Start walking and cut out all artificial sugars out of your diet. That's a great start to a healthier you. :)
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:14 PM

What does your husband say about this?

The most important thing is not the age gap (there was a gap of 8 years between my two and it worked out fine) but you need to go by your doctor's recommendations and go to a nutritionist. You can't lose weight fast in a healthy way.

The things you need to consider are: can you afford another child...not just now, but when they are older. The expenses increase as they get older. You only have 8 years till your oldest will be starting college. How will this impact your family? Are you working now or a stay at home mom? Were you planning on going back to work when your youngest started school? Do you have room for another child? Is your husband on board with this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)