Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:38 AM
  • 22 Replies
Hello you know the saying when it rains it pours well lately it feels like that. I know I can't do anything about it but I don't like my daughter's boyfriend well I have a lot of reasons and she told me to bite my tongue until it bleeds well I don't know how much more I can bite my tongue any advice?
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupcake2819
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I thought I didn't like my brother's girlfriend.  Then he got a new girlfriend.  After getting to know the new girlfriend, I was wondering..."Can we bring the old one back?"  The new girlfriend made the old one look like a saint!

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

To keep a good relationship with your daughter find something about him you do like.

goddess99
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:42 PM
It depends what's going on. If your dd is suffering or being hurt by him then you may want to step in.
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:45 PM

How old is your daughter?

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:45 PM

You don't have to like him, but you do have to keep your comments to yourself if you want to keep your relationship with your daughter. My constantly telling her what is wrong with him, you will make her feel she has to defend him, and it will make her more determined to show that you are wrong about him, and she will stay with him. Sit down with her and tell her that you are sorry that you have been interfering. Tell her you know she is mature (bite your tongue now!) and that you are sure she will make good decisions for herself. Then don't say anymore. When she says something about him, just smile and say um hm.. No matter what she does, you don't want to drive her away and further into his arms.

sanj1213
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:46 PM
Is what you don't like about him really bad? Like is he treating her bad or disrespecting her? Or you just don't like him because of how he looks?
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:25 PM

I do agree with the others .. how old is your dd?
Good luck :)

johnny4ever
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:31 PM

What excatly is it you dont like?

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
If he's not abusive or anything I would just keep quiet to keep a relationship with my child.
Mom9705
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:02 PM
It has nothing to do of what he looks like, to answer the question how old she is she's 18
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)