Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Mother's Day memory?

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

This is mine:

When my son was little, a friend of dh's came over to visit. I told him dh would be home soon. He said he had some errands to run and would come back. He asked my son if he wanted to take a ride in his new pickup truck..so off they went. When they came back,  my son came bounding out of the truck yelling, "I got you a Mother's Day present, and it's a surprise and you'll never guess what it is. It's purple, and in a pot and it's going to grow bigger if you plant it". Lol!

happy mothers day2

by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
louannwilkins
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:44 AM

Aww that is so sweet.  I don't know that I have a fav.  The boys were all so sweet when they were young and made me the sweetest cards etc...those memories are precious.  Sadly I lost most of those in the fire but I have memories and that's a good thing.  Yesterday was a good thing though.  My oldest step son came down and surprised me.  He took me and my mom out to dinner.  We had a great time.  This morning me and some of my cousins are all taking our moms to brunch on the water front.  It should be a nice morning  :)

sal1976
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:13 AM
My dd was 4 or 5 and made me breakfast in bed. I can hear coming down the hallway then a huge crash. She dropped the whole tray open glasses of milk and ok all of it on my carpet. She gets a towel and yells don't worry I clean it up. Stay in bed I'll be back. She comes back and this time she put the milk and juice in some old soppy cups we had. She says that's just in case I drop it again.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

So sad you lost those things...but memories can never be taken away!

How nice that you can do the brunch!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Aww that is so sweet.  I don't know that I have a fav.  The boys were all so sweet when they were young and made me the sweetest cards etc...those memories are precious.  Sadly I lost most of those in the fire but I have memories and that's a good thing.  Yesterday was a good thing though.  My oldest step son came down and surprised me.  He took me and my mom out to dinner.  We had a great time.  This morning me and some of my cousins are all taking our moms to brunch on the water front.  It should be a nice morning  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)