• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have hanging flower baskets outside?

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM
  • 32 Replies

I have three hanging flower baskets outside. I put impatiens in them since they are in a shaded area. One has been destroyed because a squirrel likes to sit in it. :(

Do you have hanging flower baskets? What do you put in them?

by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:21 PM
No. I'm short and usually can't reach to put them up or water them.
Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I can see that it would make it difficult.

Quoting MixedCooke: No. I'm short and usually can't reach to put them up or water them.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM

I noticed another squirrel rooting around in one of my pots. I don't remember that they did this last year. :(

dolphingurl1286
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom just brought me one for mothers day. Usually I don't BC I am horrible at keeping them or any flowers alive.
Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2016 at 3:34 PM

I hope this one works out. Hanging baskets with flowering plants usually need to be watered every day or two if outside.

Quoting dolphingurl1286: My mom just brought me one for mothers day. Usually I don't BC I am horrible at keeping them or any flowers alive.

lilkksmom
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I do, I have 5. I put wildflower seeds in them. Normally I just buy a plant for each but it was cheaper this way. They all seem to be doing good :-) knock on wood!
Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2016 at 4:01 PM

I like your idea of putting seed in them. I stopped trying plants on the ground because the rabbits ate them, but if I seeded a hanging pot it might work.

Quoting lilkksmom: I do, I have 5. I put wildflower seeds in them. Normally I just buy a plant for each but it was cheaper this way. They all seem to be doing good :-) knock on wood!

lilkksmom
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a family of rabbits that do that too. It might :-) good luck!

Quoting Bmat:

I like your idea of putting seed in them. I stopped trying plants on the ground because the rabbits ate them, but if I seeded a hanging pot it might work.

Quoting lilkksmom: I do, I have 5. I put wildflower seeds in them. Normally I just buy a plant for each but it was cheaper this way. They all seem to be doing good :-) knock on wood!

dolphingurl1286
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:58 PM
It is hanging right off my porch. I always forget to water them.

Quoting Bmat:

I hope this one works out. Hanging baskets with flowering plants usually need to be watered every day or two if outside.

Quoting dolphingurl1286: My mom just brought me one for mothers day. Usually I don't BC I am horrible at keeping them or any flowers alive.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 9, 2016 at 9:40 AM

Thank you.

I am put out with the squirrel who has decided one of  my hanging baskets is perfect to sit in while he eats from the bird feeder. It is cute to watch, but my poor plants! :(

Quoting lilkksmom: We have a family of rabbits that do that too. It might :-) good luck!
Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)