• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Highchairs.....too many to choose from!! Advice please for this 1st time mom!

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am looking at getting the OXO Tot Sprout High Chair because I like the wooden structure and it looks super easy to clean, this is for my 6 month old. We are starting solids soon! :P But do I want a recline? The OXO doesn't recline. How much do you really bottle feed your babies in a highchair anyway? Do i want the Graco 4 in 1 system? A foldable high chair? Which ones are the easiest to clean? I don't know! Any advice for what you all did for highchairs would be great!
by on May. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brvdsmom
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
You want one that you can take the tray off with one hand, much easier than the ones where you have to release it on both sides. Of course that's my opinion
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM

I like wooden ones, just a preference.  You want one with a tray that comes off easily.  I'd look on craigs list for a used one.   You don't need a high chair that reclines.  If your baby falls asleep, just scoop him out and lay him down.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 8, 2016 at 7:53 PM
I'm not picky on high chairs. Just something where they can sit and eat their solids.
tddncw2010
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:54 PM
We just use cheap ones that attach to an existing chair. Saves space.
JustMyHumbleOpi
by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:57 PM
The least nooks and crannies as possible, we never reclined bc we BLW and the just sit up and eat, double removable tray is useless bc my kids all just snapped it off and played with it.
Chelsey191
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM
I would just get a portable one.
okpondlady
by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Someone bought me a Graco one.   I stuck with it.

othermom
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:10 PM

I never bottle fed in the high chair. I did allow them a sippy in the high chair. I went with a basic high chair with my kids

Karmahappens
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:14 PM

I bought a restaurant stuyle wooden one and pulled it up to the table.  It was usable a lot longer than a traditional high chair-and I could eat and feed him if I wanted to do so. And it was like $25.

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM

I have a fisher price portable high chair, it's more like a booster with a tray that straps to a dining chair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)