Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Double Stroller Recommendations?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 11:48 AM
  • 3 Replies
I am going to be starting to babysit for a 7 month old in addition to my own 11 month old daughter, so I'm going to buy a double stroller so that we can take walks, go to the park, etc.  So for those of you who have or have had double strollers, I don't know where to start.  Here's what I'm kind of looking for:

-Not too expensive
-Not too heavy 
-Rolls easily on sidewalks (this probably sounds crazy, but I've had much better luck with my jogging stroller on sidewalks that I have had with my graco travel system.

Part of me thinks I should just get a light, cheap, double umbrella stroller, but then I'm worried that it will be hard to roll.  Basically I don't know where to start...do I want side by side?  Front to back?  Inflated tires?  What has worked for you guys?

So PLEASE give me some advice before I drive myself and my husband insane (he says "just pick on already!")

Thanks!
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TXMOM00
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM
i had a duo-glider... it was alright... big and bulky, but def did the job! even when i had one kid with me it gave me plenty of room for shopping bags!
it was a little hard to handle in small/tight spaces... like in stores in the mall..

i would, however, suggest that you hit the resale shope to buy one... they usually have way better deals than going to retail stores!

maybe if you are just going to be going to the park or something youcould get a wagon. the newer ones are nice and have "seatbelts" drink holders & storage... even sunshades.... just a thought???
Maisy19
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM
I had considered a wagon, partially because they look so fun, but both of the girls would be too little for it.
makeitlast4ever
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 6:37 PM
I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old. i had been using a tandem stroller called Contours by Kolkraft. I bought it online at Target.com. It costs $200 and I was very pleased with it. I could change the seats so they could sit facing each other, both facing in, both facing out or one facing in, one facing out.
It is not a light-weight model, however. It is excellent for taking walks to the park and running neighborhood errands with a large storage basket underneath.  As for the wheels they are pretty good on the sidewalks. Where I live the sidewalks are awful.
I get many compliments on the stroller when we go out.
The only down-side is the stroller is really heavy and strolling up hills may be problematic unless your going for a cardio workout, lol.
I hope this helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)