Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

ounces of milk??

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 1:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

How much does a 7 month old drink/eat in a day. The reason i ask is because i breastfeed so i dont really know what my dd gets other than when i work and she drinks pumped milk, and i have to have surgery on feb 7 and need to have a guesstimation on how much milk i need. If i have to suppliment i will, but i would rather not if i can help it. That is just my choice. Also before this starts if you dont agree with someone dont respond i really need help with this.

by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sunlessdaze
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM
At 7 months my daughter was only eating 5 oz 5 or 6 times a day. But she was also on solid foods. I would start pumping and freezing as much as you can now. Try to pump inbetween feedings and at night (if she is sleeping through the night). At 7 months my daughter was already on formula and had been for all but one week of her life since I was forced to switch over due to medications I had to take. I would talk to your day care provider and see how much your baby is eating at every feeding and how many times they feed your baby. Then I would save up one more ounce than is currently needed right now. It's amazing how some days they only want so much then the next they want more.
cynsanches
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 2:58 PM
If you are just doing milk and not any foods...which is what I was doing at 7 months....I would just make 8oz probably about 6-7 times a day. That's about what my daughter would eat.
ajc325
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 9:14 PM
this is my rule of thumb & i also read about it somewhere..... take your dd weight and double it. then thats how much she should be drinking. its up to her how much at a time she wants.

The Colantuono Family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN