• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AF question

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
My DH got a vascotomy back in January he even went back when he was suppose to give samples and they gave him the all clear. Back in July I had a very light AF, I am currently breastfeeding my 7 month old on demand still. Anyway, I have not gotten my AF yet And it has been 4 weeks now. I was reading that a vascotomy is the best birth control with less than 1 percent chance of pregnancy. I don't know if I am just freaking myself out or what. I thought I would have gotten my AF by now. I know with my other two kids once I got my AF Back it came every 4 weeks. I am not sure what to think or should I wait another week and call my OB just not sure.
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:25 PM
I didn't get my period back until 11 months postpartum with my first, and 13 months postpartum with my second. Even then, my periods were (are) highly irregular.
If you're nursing on demand, you may not see aunt Flo for a while yet. It's normal.
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:08 PM
With my first I got my AF back at 7 months, my second at 6 months, and with this one I had very light AF back in July (I remember with my first two my first AF After pregnancy was very heavy). I am not complaining I guess I am just a worry wart. We don't want anymore kids that is why my DH got "fixed".

Quoting illogicalkat: I didn't get my period back until 11 months postpartum with my first, and 13 months postpartum with my second. Even then, my periods were (are) highly irregular.
If you're nursing on demand, you may not see aunt Flo for a while yet. It's normal.
mamamedic69
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Since you're nursing on demand your cycle may not be regular yet. With my last baby I didn't become regular until after she was a year old. My older 3 I was regular from the start after I had my first period.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Breastfeeding can alter your periods. Nothing to worry about.

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
That is comforting to know 😊

Quoting mamamedic69:

Since you're nursing on demand your cycle may not be regular yet. With my last baby I didn't become regular until after she was a year old. My older 3 I was regular from the start after I had my first period.

sanj1213
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:37 PM
It took me a year before I got mine and then when I did it only came for one month then back again a couple months later.
Apr1l
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep this is true

Quoting SweetLuci:

Breastfeeding can alter your periods. Nothing to worry about.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 2:42 AM

Mine came back within 8 weeks normally with both my kids while breastfeeding. 

MBMBRN
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 2:46 AM
I'm pregnant right now, my husband had a vasectomy over 10 years ago.
It's possible. Rare, but it happens. If you think you might be pregnant, take a pregnancy test.
LoveMyJJJ
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband had the big V 10 years ago, and I've had several months where I was late and worried something was working again on his side. lol Of course, every time af eventually came, even if a few days or a week late. Sometimes your body just gets off track due to outside stressors or other things going on. Since you're still breastfeeding I'd say your body is more than likely still evening out and that dh's surgery hasn't left anything to worry about. I think if you just relax about it and keep the mentality that af will come when she's ready then soon you'll be wishing she take another extended vacation. JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)