Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FTM-Question Sorry For TMI!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:34 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm 38 weeks pregnant, 3cm dilated and lost my mucus plug at 36 weeks. So last night my husband and I had intercourse, nothing rough or out of ordinary. Afterwards in went to clean up and pee and when I wiped the whole diameter of the toilet paper was covered in bright red watery blood, I wiped again and same thing. So I told my husband and took a shower to was off. I got out and was still bleeding not as bad, but enough to put on a pad. I went to lay down as I figured it was normal since it happened after intercourse. Two hours later I got up to pee and still had alittle blood but not much more than a quarter size on pad accompanied by cramps and dull back aches. Called L&D and told them what happened and they said spotting is normal and didnt understand it wasn't just spotting so being a moody pregnant woman at 4:00am I got off the phone and waited until my doctor was free and talked to her. She didn't seem worried or concerned because I have an appointment this Monday. My question is could this have been my bloody show or normal bleeding? I also have dark red/brownish blood when I wipe occasionally.
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petitekatie
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM
Bump.
YoungMama93
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:39 PM
No help here, sorry. I haven't had bloody show yet this time and never did with my first.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
The "bloody show" usually happens when you loose your mucus plug. I've had 4 kids and never experienced the blood part. Just keep an eye on the bleeding, and if your having contractions time them.
mamamedic69
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never had the "bloody show" with any of mine. I would just keep an eye on the amount of blood and if your having cintractions start timing them.

marilyn623
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:27 PM
Have you been leaking any more fluid?
I had some bleeding after my water broke before contractions started, but my water went all at once and was totally obvious, not a trickle.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Listen to your doctor. Don't worry, just contact them if you start having contractions or there's a big change.

KaciePaduano
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 1:13 AM
No other fluids that are unusual.

Quoting marilyn623: Have you been leaking any more fluid?
I had some bleeding after my water broke before contractions started, but my water went all at once and was totally obvious, not a trickle.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Its probably from the sex if you're not contracting too!
louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree  :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Listen to your doctor. Don't worry, just contact them if you start having contractions or there's a big change.

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 11:37 PM
I agree its probably from sex
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)