Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SSI Payee

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

Has anyone ever had to do an accounting for SSI if your child gets SSI?  What do they ask or what should I bring.  I tried calling the 1800 number on the letter but the one who answered wasn;t helpful was actually down right bitchy about my questions.  Im going to try and call the local office tommrow.   I do not mean the pay report thing.  The lady on the phone said this was an accounting and something about since LAST MAY having to have bank statements, paycheck stubs from back that far etc.  The part thats bad is the 1800 lady said I had to have it by tomorrow..  Im just hearing about it today.  Apparently when We moved in Febuary they did not change my address and I missed an appointment.  I guess cuase the house number didnt change  they didnt change the street either, when I callled and reported it

Ps.  this is not a post on wether kids should get SSI or any other kind of negative beef some cmers come up with.  

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
simplemom
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Google accounting report for ssi.
virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:36 PM

They need paystubs and bank statements. If not 3 months give everything for a year.

othermom
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:51 PM

I hope you can figure it out

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Do you have receipts and bank statements?

saphiraka
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Quoting momofnatalie:

I  can only get last 3 months bank statements online...so tomorrow try to call bank and see if can get back to may of 2015..  as for receipts  i guess i can give them rent receipts, and utility receipts..

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Hope you can get it figured out :)

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 2:35 AM
Print out the last three months, then. You might be able to find PDFs of the statements from the past year, too; I can for both of my banks, but they aren't in the same spot as the current/recent activity. It takes a bit of clicking around.
Otherwise, visit a local branch and explain what you need, and they'll help you out.

Quoting saphiraka:

Quoting momofnatalie:

I  can only get last 3 months bank statements online...so tomorrow try to call bank and see if can get back to may of 2015..  as for receipts  i guess i can give them rent receipts, and utility receipts..

mama2b100808
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:33 AM
I hope the others helped bc I have no idea what that is.
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Have you checked their website?

AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm kind of surprised you weren't aware that you had to keep these records.  It's understandable that you missed the letter/appointment because you moved, but you still should have had these records set aside.  At least you know now to keep everything in a folder for next time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)