Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's a super easy dessert a child can make

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

My granddaughter made this today:

1 package pretzel goldfish

1 package chocolate chips (milk chocolate is milder)

That's it!

Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring each time (don't want to burn the chocolate.

Pour in the pretzel goldfish, stir until mixed, scoop onto parchment paper lined pan. Freeze (or refrigerate) a few hours. Nice to serve in cupcake papers.

My granddaughter cautions that they melt quickly when being held so eat them holding them in the cupcake paper.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Cool
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:23 PM

I thought they'd be unpleasantly rich, but they are actually OK. :)

Quoting Rhiannon1980: Cool

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I will have to try it with ds. I grew up doing pretzel sticks that had carmal on them then chocolate covered. I did that with my grandma. Even now when we go back home for Thanksgiving my grandma does them with me and this year ds will be helping. I have always had cold hands so works great for rolling out carmal. Great memories

Quoting Bmat:

othermom
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds yummy

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Did the pretzel sticks have their coating on one end and you held the other end? How did your grandma make the caramel, from those caramel cubes? (I don't remember seeing them in the stores - but then haven't looked either.)

Quoting Rhiannon1980: I will have to try it with ds. I grew up doing pretzel sticks that had carmal on them then chocolate covered. I did that with my grandma. Even now when we go back home for Thanksgiving my grandma does them with me and this year ds will be helping. I have always had cold hands so works great for rolling out carmal. Great memories
Quoting Bmat:

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they are mostly covered in chocolate. She get the carmal and chocolate from the small town candy store. We get carmal by the pound and the chocolate in chips. I still say it's the best carmal and chocolate around.

Quoting Bmat:

Did the pretzel sticks have their coating on one end and you held the other end? How did your grandma make the caramel, from those caramel cubes? (I don't remember seeing them in the stores - but then haven't looked either.)

Quoting Rhiannon1980: I will have to try it with ds. I grew up doing pretzel sticks that had carmal on them then chocolate covered. I did that with my grandma. Even now when we go back home for Thanksgiving my grandma does them with me and this year ds will be helping. I have always had cold hands so works great for rolling out carmal. Great memories

Quoting Bmat:

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Yummmm!!!

Quoting Rhiannon1980: Yes they are mostly covered in chocolate. She get the carmal and chocolate from the small town candy store. We get carmal by the pound and the chocolate in chips. I still say it's the best carmal and chocolate around.
Quoting Bmat:

Quoting Bmat:

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I have to hide them. I miss the small town I grew up in where I knew everyone. My brother and I where 3rd generation raised in that town.

Quoting Bmat:

Yummmm!!!

Quoting Rhiannon1980: Yes they are mostly covered in chocolate. She get the carmal and chocolate from the small town candy store. We get carmal by the pound and the chocolate in chips. I still say it's the best carmal and chocolate around.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting Bmat:

mamamedic69
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:54 PM

I will have to try this with my little ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)