• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADVICE PLEASE

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am soo depressed right now. I am a 51 year old single mom of three. My children's ages are 28,25,and 18. My 18 year old stays with me and goes to homeschool because she was bullied so bad in high school. My 28 year old lives in Texas and has a very good job. My 25 year old is married and works at walmart. Well recently my child support check has been being held up and I am broke. I need to pay my light bill and cable but have only $150.00. I only need $400 more. I asked my daughter and she ignored me so did my son. It hurts because I did soo much for them. I cried on my birthday because my 18 year old was the only one who remembered. I am soo scared because I might lose my lights and cable. She needs the cable to attend school. I started a gofundme page and no one donated. I keep looking at these pills, but I cannot leave ny baby girl. I know about places that will help with the electricity bill but in my state you have to make an appointment and they still haven't gotten back to me. CAN SOMEONE ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME I AM BEGGING.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
www.211.org and search for your area. It is a wealth of information and resources for those that need assistance. No one here is going to give money to you. People have been burned by that before. This organization can help though.
virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Social services, places of worship, other organizations in your area can help.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 PM
I thought child support stopped at age 18? I am sorry it is a tough time right now. Is there anything you could sell(old clothes, jewelry, unused items) to help make ends meet right now? Hugs and I hope things start to look up for you.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:23 PM

So sorry you're going through this,
Hope this will help.
Hugs & prayers sent ;)

Quoting virginiamama71:

Social services, places of worship, other organizations in your area can help.

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 2:46 AM
Check with houses of worship and social services.
Maybe contact your 18-year-old's school, perhaps they have resources for you to contact.
Thought
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:51 PM

So sorry!  This is hard and your hurt and fear is understandable.  Our children do not always express gratitude in ways we expect.  Try not to let this be your focus as you have a lot on your plate and need to stay strong.  Throw the pills away!  Your daughter needs you and this would be devastating for her.  God has a plan for you and you can trust that.  You may not see anything positive right now, but it will get better.  You have received some good counsel.  Call Social Services as soon as you can!  They offer a lot of resources for your situation.  If you belong to a church, reach out to your pastor.  If you do not, call the local churches in your area.  If you have a good friend or family member you trust, share your situation and ask if they can help you to speak to the electric company; usually utility companies will put you on a budget and allow you to pay a minimum amount until your situation improves.  It is important that they hear from you and you do not ignore the bill.  Only you know ways you might earn some extra income right now; you can also ask Social Services about available work.  DO NOT GIVE UP!!!  HANG STRONG!  

offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:57 PM
Child support ends when the child turns 18, unless the child is in school.

Quoting countrygirlkat: I thought child support stopped at age 18? I am sorry it is a tough time right now. Is there anything you could sell(old clothes, jewelry, unused items) to help make ends meet right now? Hugs and I hope things start to look up for you.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 20, 2016 at 12:53 AM
That makes sense

Quoting offrdngal: Child support ends when the child turns 18, unless the child is in school.

Quoting countrygirlkat: I thought child support stopped at age 18? I am sorry it is a tough time right now. Is there anything you could sell(old clothes, jewelry, unused items) to help make ends meet right now? Hugs and I hope things start to look up for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)