Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Comfortable Shoes

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:54 PM
  • 28 Replies

I walk a lot for work, and I am starting to have foot issues.  Do you have a brand that you like to wear?

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM
I wore reebok zigs while pregnant. I work 12hrs and on my feet the majority of my time. They were really comfortable. I also think nike free run are comfortable.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Athletic-tennis type shoes or dressier type shoes? I wear Clark's and Naturalizer, but what fits me won't necessarily work for you. SAS is also a good brand that some people like for work. Vionic is good if you have plantar facitis or other heel problems. Is there a specialty shoe store or running store in your area? They often have very knowledgable people who can help get you in the right shoe. Not an athletic shoe store at the mall, but one that advertises they fit runners (they will also fit walkers and workers) or a store that specializes in shoes for people with foot problems.  The Walking Store is a good one. Foor Smart is a good online and catalogue store. Zappos is good online, plus free returns.

mikesmom65270
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this

I love Sketchers Go Walk, very comfortable. They're slipons which I prefer to tie shoes.

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:31 PM

Skechers Go Walk

Bob192
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go to a running store and get fitted. That was the best advice I ever followed.

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
This is excellent advice, especially about being fitted properly. It makes a huge difference.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Athletic-tennis type shoes or dressier type shoes? I wear Clark's and Naturalizer, but what fits me won't necessarily work for you. SAS is also a good brand that some people like for work. Vionic is good if you have plantar facitis or other heel problems. Is there a specialty shoe store or running store in your area? They often have very knowledgable people who can help get you in the right shoe. Not an athletic shoe store at the mall, but one that advertises they fit runners (they will also fit walkers and workers) or a store that specializes in shoes for people with foot problems.  The Walking Store is a good one. Foor Smart is a good online and catalogue store. Zappos is good online, plus free returns.

mama2b100808
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I usually just wear Nikes

Quoting momofnatalie:

I walk a lot for work, and I am starting to have foot issues.  Do you have a brand that you like to wear?

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:02 AM

I suggest going to a running store and have shoes fitted.  A good store will have you walk on a treadmill and watch your stride/step to get a good type of athletic shoe for you.  It's amazing.  I don't run but I have achilles tendonitis and can actually walk with little pain when I wear the shoes they fitted me with.

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Everyone's foot is different, for example I have tried on the Skechers Go To Walk several times and they just don't fit me properly.  But I ended up getting a very similar pair that I totally love that are Easy Spirit.  Easy Spirit is my favorit brand of comfort shoes but that is what works for me.

For athletic shoes, my BIL who is a Podiatrist always recommends New Balance for his patients and I always wear them.

Do you have The Walking Company stores in your area?  Check them out and try on shoes.

Just a note, DO NOT GET CROCS!!!  They are terrible for your feet, and again my BIL sees lots of patients because of their Crocs.

goddess99
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My doctor recommended Birkenstocks to me years ago, it's all I wear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)