Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things your child does that make you feel awkward

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:00 PM
  • 20 Replies
My son is 4.5 and is very much into talking about boobs, nipples, and butts. I've answered his question and told him everyone has butts and nipples. But they are private parts and only meant to talk about at home with mommy. I try not to make a big deal of it when he slips up in public or around acquaintances. I simply say, remember those are private part words, let's talk about something else. Wellllll at our neighbors place, he kissed the guys "nipple" (he had a shirt on) and said "I kissed your nipple" I felt very awkward and a little embarrassed. These people don't have kids so idk what they thought. I apologized and told my son that we don't do that. But is this normal behavior??? We've only known these people for about 2 weeks now. And we are never around new people. He's only been around family and close friends. But we just moved so idk if that has an affect on this type of behavior or not. He's been home with me for the past three weeks, no daycare.

Thoughts ?? Advice ??
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heybooboo
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:10 PM
It's normal.

My 3 yo niece has a tendency to approach people and talk about their butts. She's been obsessed with shapes, and now describes butts in shapes. And on occasion she will cop a feel and determine the "squish factor".

It's been hilarious for us, not so much her parents.

She does at least ask to "squish" your butt, before she proceeds. It doesn't matter if you say no, she will still squish.

kayk91
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:16 PM
Oh my gosh!!! This made me laugh!!!

I thought maybe I should be doing something more to stop the behavior. But idk what. I've tried to make it as less of a deal as possible. And I did ask him why he did that to our neighbor and he just said he doesn't want to anymore.... So maybe he also felt embarrassed or knew that he wasn't supposed to ?

Quoting heybooboo: It's normal.

My 3 yo niece has a tendency to approach people and talk about their butts. She's been obsessed with shapes, and now describes butts in shapes. And on occasion she will cop a feel and determine the "squish factor".

It's been hilarious for us, not so much her parents.

She does at least ask to "squish" your butt, before she proceeds. It doesn't matter if you say no, she will still squish.

alexsmomma06
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My 6 yr old DD will crawl up on my lap to watch a movie and all of a sudden start rubbing my boobs lightly. I just keep telling her that boobs are one of our private parts that you don't touch. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Would think it's normal,
Keep reminding him that those words are private & best said at home.

Ms_Smock
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
That's weird to be so obsessed with it in my opinion
kayk91
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:29 PM
I don't know if I'd say he's "so obsessed" as he doesn't do this to everyone. At home he'll occasionally point one of three things out, either on himself or a book (children's book, mind you) or on a cartoon, mainly ninja turtles.

Do you have any advice on how to help stop this ? Or nah?

Quoting Ms_Smock: That's weird to be so obsessed with it in my opinion
imyourPuppy
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My DS is obsessed with butts and my DD with my boobs. I don't remember him saying anything about butts for a long time. I guess, it went away, once he got older.
Bob192
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:27 AM

My boys are not shy about those things either. I'm always worried they are going to say something not appropriate.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 21, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Boys for you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 21, 2016 at 7:15 PM

My middle child:  He has no filter.  If you're in his way he will just say, "Hey dude!"

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)