Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Please help me give my sister some advise..

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 7:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
my sister is a mom of 3 very active boys... the oldest is about to turn 9, the middle one is 5 and the youngest is 4... the middle boy is in kinderguarden.. well the other day when my sister came home from picking them up from school her 9 year old was tellin her about how a little girl that was his age(8) was kissing his younger brother (the 5 year old) AND touching him in naughtly places!!!! Now the oldest knows NOTHING about sex or what inapproprite touching is or anything... my sister says that she was told this was going on since summer.. the little girl does not live far from them so she comes over to play every once in a while.... I told her to call the parents but she says she dont really wanna cause a huge thing (we live in a VERY small town)... What shoudl i tell her to do?? she already told her boys that this little girl was not allowed over.. the reall weird part is that the boys cousins (who are also girls) were also in on this.... this is blowing my mind because i have never heard of anything like this.....

Katy1025.gif Wedding Blinky! picture by wildncrazykate

by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
shining_star
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM
i would just talk to the parents.
katykay
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 7:53 PM
Honestly, I may tell her to consider calling CPS.  There is a very good chance that a little girl exhibiting this behavior has been the victim of sexual abuse. 

I know this seems harsh, maybe before doing that it would make sense to talk to the school councelor about what is happening for resources in your area. 
wildncrazykate
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Quoting katykay:

Honestly, I may tell her to consider calling CPS.  There is a very good chance that a little girl exhibiting this behavior has been the victim of sexual abuse. 

I know this seems harsh, maybe before doing that it would make sense to talk to the school councelor about what is happening for resources in your area. 

by the way.. is Katy your name??? my name is Katy also and its spelt the same way!! i very rarely see Katy slept with a "y"

Katy1025.gif Wedding Blinky! picture by wildncrazykate

katykay
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 7:58 PM
no, my real name is Kristen but KatyKay has been my nickname since birth. 
Good luck to your sister, that is definitely a tough situation and I think not allowing the little girl access to the kids is a good idea. 

I would not talk to the parents until I had a bit more advice from local therapists regarding any potential abuse the little girl may be experiencing. 

MrsM213
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 7:59 PM
My children are grown and I never heard of this kind of thing in children that young. IMO, there needs to be a third party involved (at minimum)..maybe the school counselor.

I'm going to try to say this politely. Your sister needs to pull herself together, she is a MOTHER and SHE is responsible for protecting her children. What in the world is she thinking??? She doesn't want to "cause the huge thing"??? Sounds like she needs a priority adjustment. IMO

lilmama81805
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 8:07 PM
i woudl talk to the parents.......no young children should know about that and doing that.....there might be something going on in their house hold.......or at a family members house.......she should talk to someone about this.......even if it is the school.......or csb........because this should not be happening at this time.
mommy121087
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 8:11 PM
HEY. IF I WERE HER I'D TALK TO THE PARENTS, BUT THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT. THIS KID MAY BE LEARNING STUFF AT A YOUNGER AGE THEN SHE SHOULD. I'D CONSIDER CALLING THE COPS BECAUSE THAT COULD BE SERIOUS.
redneckmom777
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 8:51 PM

I agree but with dealing with CPS Please be careful only stick to the facts.  Legally you have to report this.  If someone finds out about it and then they find out you or your sister knew about it.  You could get into serious trouble. 

Sherry
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/redneckmom777
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)