Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feed your pets a grain free diet?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM
  • 24 Replies
I am starting a grain free plan for our dog. She is 13yo and I thought it may help her stay more comfortable.

We are gradually switching, but she seems to enjoy it a lot. She should be fully grain free next week.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:06 PM
We do. When we first got my dog, he chewed on his foot until it bled. It was awful so we took him to the vet who suggested it could be an allergy to grain which is common. We switched his food to super high quality grain-free and he stopped chewing on his foot.
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM
I have heard about allergies to grain. I'm glad the food helped. That would be hard to watch your poor little guy chewing like that.

Quoting anotherandree: We do. When we first got my dog, he chewed on his foot until it bled. It was awful so we took him to the vet who suggested it could be an allergy to grain which is common. We switched his food to super high quality grain-free and he stopped chewing on his foot.
reptilequeen
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:20 PM

no..we use regular food..no issues with it...

corazonsito101
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:22 PM
We use normal food
casah4
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:27 PM
No. They refuse to eat it so whatever. I did switch to the lowest carb they'll eat when one of mine developed diabetes.
Luv_my_hubby
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes all of our pets eat a grain/corn free diet.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We switched to a grain free diet a few months ago.  Our dog is 7.  

My dog has always had a sensitive stomach.  This food seems great for her.  

TylersMom999
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

When I had a cat I did feed her grain free food...its more expensive to buy but I dont think they eat as much as the grain free bc the grain kind has so many fillers in it.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:19 PM

I have heard about pets eating less. I'm hoping Julie eats less! She seems to want to eat all the time, then her tummy gets upset. I'm hoping the grain free will be what she needs.

Quoting TylersMom999:

When I had a cat I did feed her grain free food...its more expensive to buy but I dont think they eat as much as the grain free bc the grain kind has so many fillers in it.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:24 PM

We always did, too and we never had a problem. Since she's getting older, her tummy seems to get upset. She needs out all the time. Sometimes she struggles to go, other times she goes 3-4 times in one outing. I'm hoping this helps. She's perfectly healthy, so the 1st 13 years of regular food was fine.

Quoting reptilequeen:

no..we use regular food..no issues with it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)