Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE PRETEENS GET BETER~

Posted by   + Show Post
No really. My son JOsh was an awesome kid. Straight 'A's' and all. But lately he's become this pisssy. argumentive. dare I say brat! i've set limits amd punishments, but then he cries adn makes me out to be the bad guy. He's 10and he knows that he gets 3 strikes and then loses his Playstation. But how do i control this? Any advice would be so helpful.
Janie
"Men are what their mothers make them."
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Replies (11-12):
jennimom4
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 12:37 AM
I have a 10 year old girl...Same thing here!! She has always been such a calm, well-behaved child. Not anymore- she's driving us crazy!! Attitude, temper-tantrums, crying, etc. (She just started her p last week)- I had hoped that when she started the hormones would calm down a bit, we'll see, but no change yet. I guess that they are changing and trying to figure out who they are and it's just a crazy time for them (and us)!!  I have been just letting her know that I'm here for her and that we love her, BUT being tough when it comes to discipline. If I tell her that I will take away the webkin for talking back, I take away the webkin for talking back. I think she's starting to understand that no matter how much she whines, It won't do her any good. (maybe) :0)   We'll make it through, hopefully! haha All in all they're good kids they're just going through a tough time.   When you want to scream really loud, lock yourself in the bathroom for ten min.- by the time you get out he'll have forgotten what he was fussing about to begin with!!
ssibbs
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 2:20 PM
I also have a 10 yo boy.  He was resently put on meds for ADD.  He is an emotional child and when things get to him he blows up.  He also thinks he's on the same 'level' as adults and thinks he should be able to say what he wants (not cursing).  Like today when he wouldn't listen to me I used his whole name, so he says my whole name.  I told him to stop.  He says why can you say mine and I can't say yours.  I said, because your just being disrespectful and I was try to get you to understand what I was saying to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN