Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
single 21 ols mother of a 3yr old hes drivin me nuts screams in my face yells at me tells me no he wont eat anything spanking him dont work time out not working what should i do im still potty traing he will pee but wont pooop in the potty any advice
jessica momma need of advice
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tiggerabba
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 10:15 PM
sounds like he is testing the boundaries. Try to just sit him somewhere away from you when he yells in your face. At that age they are usually just trying to get a reaction from you and treat it like a game............Potty training sure is hard! In my experience, peeing is the easy part, lol. Pooping takes longer, but be positive. I kept a close eye on my kids and figured out what time of day they would usually poop and then put them on the potty automatically at that time every day. That helped, but it still took awhile............Good luck and hang in there!
P.S. if he says he won't eat anything, just let him go because he will get over his stubborness and eat eventually.............
ChattyWifePlus2
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM
Take a deep breath. Relax. He honestly isn't doing all that just to upset you. Try looking for a book to help you with all those issues. Supernanny has books out. She's offered some great tips. In the meantime here are some of mine... Remain calm...or at least appear to be calm Get down on his level to talk Be consistent with rules Time out is only for 1 minute per age Gets a warning before time out If you are going to spank..never spank when you are angry The more upset you create over his potty accidents...the more stress for both and the longer it will be before you have the success you want. Try Reward charts
chr3tina2008
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 11:29 AM
i am 21 and have three boys and my oldest is three he does the exact thing like yells at me tells me no and i just keep on him till he understands its not a game, as far as the potty thing my son was the same way and i just got rid of the diaper and put him on the potty a bunch of times a day and eventually h knew he had to pee and poopin the potty instead of in his pants it was very hard but i stuck to i nd now he is almost fully potty trained. i just hav to train him for nighttime. good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured