Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tea Tree Oil Question

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have this itchy patch on my skin on my back and its not getting any better.  I have read that Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties and figured it was worth a try to see if it would clear it up.  So I went to the health food store and bought some of the oil to put on the itchy patch and I asked the lady at the health food store if I needed to dilute the tea tree oil in a carrier oil before putting it on my skin and she said I didnt have to that I could just put the tea tree oil directly on my skin.  But the directions on the back of the bottle say to dilute with a carrier oil.  So I am confused- should I just put it directly on my skin without diluting it or mix it with a carrier oil?

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Corieva
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:48 AM
You can put it on straight, just watch for a reaction. It's strong stuff.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:25 AM

You can put it on straight.  It's good for fungal infections too.  

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:25 AM

I would try it first with a carrier oil, and watch to see if you get a reaction,  then if there's no problem, try it straight. Lots of people use tea tree oil, but for me and my family, we found that we are all allergic to it. It exacerbated the problems it was supposed to solve. It didn't happen immediately, but we were all buying lots of different products from a relative who was selling it and at a family gathering, we realized we all had skin rashes and other problems that we didn't previously, stopped using it and everyone cleared up. I hope it works for you.

amatwin
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:52 AM

I use it straight, but do know that it's strong and can be a bit drying on skin. If you itchy is coming from dry skin I'd put it in a carrier. 

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM

I'd try it with a carrier oil first, just to be safe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)