Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to deal with a needy baby

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hi ladies!! I need a little bit of advice on how to deal with a needy baby?!?? My LO is 10 weeks and is a needy thing! I can't put him down for more than 2 minutes with him whining and fussing. I try carrying him around in carrier but he fusses in that too. I don't know what to do with. Have I spoiled him?!!
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Food spoils. Babies don't. They're not needy. They're babies and want to be close to mommy. We baby wear, carry our babies.
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:27 AM

Totally normal. He just spent 9 whole months inside you. He just wants to be close to you. I know its rough and hard to get things done when baby just wants to be held. But enjoy it while you can. They grow so fast and soon enough they will be wanting to run away from you lol. Hang in there. It will get better. 

my_boys2007
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:35 AM
My first son was not needy at all.then my second son came along and I coudnt do anything. He cried all the time. Now he is 5 and I wish I could go back to the baby stage again. I miss him that little. (I know I'm crazy) just don't fret if things dont get done.. I really have no advice because nothing worked with my son. Only thing we did was put him in his car seat and buckled it and put him on top of the dryer and turn the dryer on and the vibration would rock his car seat and he would stop crying until the dryer stop. But he had tummy issues and the vibration helped his tummy.
AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM
Hmmmmm I just held dd as often as she wanted/needed it. That is what I spent most of the day doing when she was little. Nothing wrong with bonding time.
virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM
At that age babies need to be close to mommy.
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:57 AM
Follow his needs
Thats a myth you can't spoil a infant they have needs
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:13 AM
When he gets done eating and he's asleep put him in the crib and sleep so you can have sometime to eat real fast.
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:22 AM

That's a normal newborn. You're supposed to hold him, he needs you. You did not and can not spoil a newborn. You also should not expect to just put him down and have him be happy, when he wants to be in your arms.

You say you have a carrier - what kind? They are not all created equal, and he might be uncomfortable. Also, he might not feel close enough to you - try going as close to skin-to-skin as the temperature allows (if it's still warm where you are, this will be easier; if it's cold already, try a tank top under a cardigan or zip-up sweater/sweatshirt that you can fasten around baby).

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:42 AM

He's only 2 months old, he will be like this for awhile. Follow his cues. There is no such thing as spoiling a newborn.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:09 PM
You can't spoil a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)