• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your dream - when it comes to gift buying?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi, my name is Merav, I have a 2 years old son, and I have another new baby - my startup. It's a website and free app for buying gifts (offers great gifts ideas, and save time). I'm not sure yet about the product, and feels like Santa :) If someone here want to help me with insights or feedback before the holidays it will be great. This gifting issue must be solved! It's 2016! :)

So... What's your dream - when it comes to gift buying? (I would love to have a button that I push whenever I need a gift - and that's it. I get it... ) I have many ideas. I'm trying to think what moms need the most... Help?

Thanks!

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't help me. I LOVE to shop. I enjoy going out and choosing the gifts I give. Sorry I'm no help to you. Good luck.

bethanymommy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Categorized gift sections. Like gifts for men 30-40. Gifts for men 50+. Gifts for preteen girls, teen girls, college aged girls, etc...
Merry_Kent
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Me too. Sometimes... So if i show you in the app the best gifts ideas around you, that you can go to check on the store, It's interesting? :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

It wouldn't help me. I LOVE to shop. I enjoy going out and choosing the gifts I give. Sorry I'm no help to you. Good luck.

Merry_Kent
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! Actually we have now categories by personality types (Man - Funny / Sporty / McDreamy... :)) . But lifestyle, or stage in life is also great

Quoting bethanymommy: Categorized gift sections. Like gifts for men 30-40. Gifts for men 50+. Gifts for preteen girls, teen girls, college aged girls, etc...

iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM
I think this would be really helpful for those random.birthday parties the kids get invited to.

If your app offered a good variety of children's gifts (all ages), this really would be a god send.

These parties are for kids we don't personally know, so getting gifts is a craoshoot and I hate wandering the aisles with my kid trying to figure it out, and for my (small) budget.
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to go out and see what I am buying.

CheerioHolder
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd like to put in an age and gender of the gift receiver along with my budget and have items pop up that are a match.

I find that buying birthday gifts for kids I don't know well is the only time I struggle with purchasing gifts.
celestegood
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:07 PM
I have my child help with picking out the gift for his friend. It helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 30, 2016 at 12:40 PM

I think my dream would be being able to pin down what the person would like. For example: male or female. age, likes (sports, cooking, driving, sewing, watching TV, reading) etc. So by the time I got to the end of the list I'd have a couple ideas to choose from.

mikesmom65270
by on Oct. 31, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Having categories by personality types would be great.

Quoting Merry_Kent:

Thanks! Actually we have now categories by personality types (Man - Funny / Sporty / McDreamy... :)) . But lifestyle, or stage in life is also great

Quoting bethanymommy: Categorized gift sections. Like gifts for men 30-40. Gifts for men 50+. Gifts for preteen girls, teen girls, college aged girls, etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)