Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the longest you've waited at a scheduled doctor appointment?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:52 AM
  • 28 Replies

For me it was 3 hours. A pretty long wait with a child.

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Almost 30 minutes at a dental appointment. I think it was because we were new there. The 2nd visit they took my son right back before we could sit down.lol
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM
2 hours in the waiting room. Another 1.5 hours in the exam room. Then was told I'd have to reschedule, but wasn't actually able to because the office didn't know when the dr would be available. It was an OB/GYN appt (not for a pregnancy), and the dr was on call and got stuck with a birth that had complications.
anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Last week my 18 mo had his check up. ONE HOUR we waited.
darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Longest wait was 2 hours or so because the doctor had gotten stuck in surgery. For our primary doctor, our wait is usually less than 10 minutes
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:08 AM

This is pretty good. And even better that there is no wait, now. :)

Quoting virginiamama71: Almost 30 minutes at a dental appointment. I think it was because we were new there. The 2nd visit they took my son right back before we could sit down.lol

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:09 AM

*nodding* I've had this happen, too. The doctor has an emergency.

Quoting ELFs_Mommy: 2 hours in the waiting room. Another 1.5 hours in the exam room. Then was told I'd have to reschedule, but wasn't actually able to because the office didn't know when the dr would be available. It was an OB/GYN appt (not for a pregnancy), and the dr was on call and got stuck with a birth that had complications.

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:10 AM

An hour is too long, especially with a little one.

Quoting anotherandree: Last week my 18 mo had his check up. ONE HOUR we waited.

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM

Sometimes waits are understandable.

10 minutes is really good. I can't complain about my primary care doctor waits because he takes time to talk with the patient if needed.

Quoting darcibeisheim: Longest wait was 2 hours or so because the doctor had gotten stuck in surgery. For our primary doctor, our wait is usually less than 10 minutes

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I refuse to wait more than 30 minutes unless there is an emergency. My time is valuable too. It's usually only a few minutes to 15 minutes.  I only had a problem with one doctor, everytime I went I had to wait about 30-45 minutes in waiting room, then another 30-45 in the exam room, but once I complained to the doctor, he said he didn't realize his patients were waiting that long. It didn't happen again. i found out then that it's usually a problem with the office staff scheduling, not the doctor. So now after 15 minutes I ask how long it will be before I see the doctor, and that if it's going to be more than 30, I'm leaving, and will be sending the doctor a letter and also the HMO. That gets their attention.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:09 PM

a little over 2 hours, every time i go. it was my diabetic dr but im getting my pcp to take over my diabetic care because i refuse to wait that long again. he over books and hes about 80 years old. time for retirement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)