Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need advice please.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 11:52 AM
  • 1 Replies
My husband and I are talking about having another baby. The thing is Shay is not used to sharing me and get jealous when I am watching my little niece. She sleeps in the bed with us and has every since she has grown on of her basinet. She acid reflux really bad when she was born and my husband does construction work so it made it easier for her just to sleep with us. Shay is a big time mom's girl. She would rather have me over anyone else including daddy. The thing is I had one misscarriage before Shay. While I was pregant with Shay i had a very hard and rough pregancy and came down with preclamsea and she was early by almost a month. We are talking about starting in the spring to have baby #2. We just don't know if it is going to be fare to Shay if we have one so early but we want them close and her not to be the only child. So how should we do this. I want Shay to be okay with this,. Please help and any adivce is better than none.
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TXMOM00
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM

my lil boy was 3 when we found out we were having #2... he too had been pretty much sleeping with us everynight and always with us everywhere we went. we thought it was going to be hard to have #2 around, but we really involved him in the baby decisions so she would kinda be "his" too... he shopped with me and helped choose toys and stuff for her room.
we told him he was gonna have to be a big boy & sleep in his own room and that it would be better for him anyways so he could get more sleep and not have the baby waking him up all night.
we did hold off on telling him though till we were about 4 months out. she was born 3 days after his 4th birthday. his new baby sister even "brought him presents" home from the hospital too. he was involved helping and loved it. they are very close now too.
good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)