• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does Veterans Day mean to you?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:09 AM
  • 16 Replies

What does Veterans Day mean to you?

Do you have any family member that are currently serving or have served in our military?

veterans day

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:22 AM

To me, it is a time to honor those who have served, many who have died, so that I can be safe and enjoy the benefits of our democracy. I also think we should honor the wives and children who also sacrifice.

I have quite a few in my family who have served or are still serving. My nephew is retired from the Marines, but still works to assist servicemen. Other than his official job, he often has cookouts at his home for families, and organizes different people to step in to help with families who have a member deployed, going to kids soccer games and attending school events; little things that the mom or dad would be doing if they were home.

samscrazykids8
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM
To me it's just another day. I don't really know anyone that is/was in the US military.
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

its a day to honor my husband. he has 29 years in the army and still going strong.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM

It's a time to be thankful for those who have served or are serving our country.

Our preschoolers said Thank You like this:

hotspice58
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is in the Army.  My father and most, if not all, the men in my family were in the military.  One great-uncle couldn't fight because he was black.  A cousin was harassed because, although he could have passed for white, he didn't.  Now, I honor those who served and are no longer with us and those who are serving now.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM

no current members serving, but they have govt jobs now..my brother, sister, dad..and my mom served for a short while

auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:26 PM
To Thank my Father for his 20 year in the Navy and to Thank my Brother in law's one was in the navy and the other the marines or Army cant rember and my cousin who is in Marines now and the rest of my family too so are gone and some I have never meet till my Facebook.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My Fil served during the Vietnam War.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM

It is a day honor all whom served.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahem. There are veterans on this very website (like me), it doesn't have to be someone's relative.

For me, though, it's just an excuse to have a couple of beers with my friends. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)