Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POPSUGAR Food Ina Garten Ina Garten's Shrimp Scampi Recipe The Barefoot Contessa Shares a Recipe We All Need During This Busy Holiday Season

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 2:18 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

An easy and quick recipe for these busy days!

The Barefoot Contessa Shares a Recipe We All Need During This Busy Holiday Season

If you're wondering what to make for dinner tonight, take a look at Ina Garten's shrimp scampi, a linguine dinner that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes. It calls for ingredients you likely already have in your freezer, fridge, and pantry, including pasta, shrimp, lemon, parsley, garlic, butter, and — in true Barefoot Contessa fashion — a "good olive oil." If you have no idea where to start, Ina's all about Ilio Santo ($30).

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arrow659
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for posting

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Shrimp Scampi is such an easy recipe. Lots of people are afraid to cook shrimp because they don't usually do it often and it's often expensive. It's a great recipe to do.

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Growing up on the Eastern Shore, shrimp and crabs for a major staple in our house.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Shrimp Scampi is such an easy recipe. Lots of people are afraid to cook shrimp because they don't usually do it often and it's often expensive. It's a great recipe to do.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:02 AM

We don't have them a lot because they are expensive here, but, yum!

Quoting mrswillie: I agree. Growing up on the Eastern Shore, shrimp and crabs for a major staple in our house.
Quoting SweetLuci:

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:02 AM

You're welcome!

Quoting Arrow659:

Thanks for posting

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:03 AM

Yes.  I agree on all counts, and shrimp is pricey these days!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM

You're welcome!

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Thanks!

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Im in WV now. To get decent Blue crabs, I drive to the seafood market in DC.

Quoting TigerofMu:

We don't have them a lot because they are expensive here, but, yum!

Quoting mrswillie: I agree. Growing up on the Eastern Shore, shrimp and crabs for a major staple in our house.

Quoting SweetLuci:

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks 🙂
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)