Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BFF drama over pregnancy announcement

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

One of my best friends is very upset that I didn't personally tell her I was pregnant before making a general announcement (I was living far from family/friends so decided to do one big announcement vs. telling everyone individually).  Now, she is being very confrontational when I've tried to apologize.  She hasn't even congratulated me - she just reached out to say how upset she was I didn't tell her without saying "congrats".  I've called and left messages, emailed, etc but nothing seems to work.  Every email from her is another why I'm a terrible person for not telling her.  I should also mention that we hadn't spoken in months, despite my attempts to reach out before I made a general announcement...and I have a very high risk pregnancy.  At this stage, I don't know what to do, she's a good friend, but I feel that it was also my news to share when and how I wanted and I don't need extra drama in my life when preparing for the birth of my child and pregnancy hormones.  

Anyone else deal with this?  If so, what happened?  

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

she sounds high high maintance.worry about your baby and drop the dead weight..

sunshinepraying
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I would leave her be. You don't need the added stress and worry with your pregnancy. You did what you could to make ammends. If she doesn't want to accept it, then I'd say just to move on. She'll come around when she's ready. But you have more important things to think about now. Enjoy your pregnancy :)

yvonne37
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont think she is being very friendly.  so what if you didnt let her know before everyone else?  get over it.  it is your life and she should respect that.  If i were you i would stop apologizing and move on... let her come to you if she wants.  I have a bff and she lives 3 states away now, we dont talk for months and then out of the blue she calls or i call and its like we spoke the day before... friends dont hold grudges for long, especially on things like this.. she is showing not to be your bff.

yvonne37
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

congratulations by the way!! :))

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Quoting quinnsmom715:

she sounds high high maintance.worry about your baby and drop the dead weight..

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You say she is a good friend but she doesn't return your calls for months and is being terrible.
iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this
You have reached out.
She's a bad friend.
Put her in a time out. Block her from when you post on social media. Don't respond right away IF she decides to contact you.
If she posts something passive aggressive you know is aimed at you, hit like and don't commentšŸ˜‰

She honestly sounds narcissistic. She hasn't contacted you in sometime and has made a happy announcement about her!

So what you do is you don't feed the animals. You will be just fine without her...you don't need gifts from her, her input or her congratulations. Don't worry about inviting her to any baby related stuff as of now. Just move on and brush it off.

I've dealt with this before and it sucks while you're going through it, but once you decide to move on, you will be SO happy.

Sorry for the novel!
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:43 PM
This doesn't sound like best friends.
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:47 PM

She doesn't sound like much of a friend. I would cut her loose.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 8:05 AM

Sure doesn't sound like best friend behaviour, or even friend behaviour. You don't need this, especially with a high risk pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)