Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid thinks she's got her 'world by the tail'

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:28 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have not been on cm for quite some time. My now 18 yo dd moved out of our home 6 months ago, graduated high-school in Dec early and is going into the Marines end of January.She has had MUCH chaos with the roommates she has had (their apartment was searched by cops and one roommate flew the coop and left out of state before the cops got him but another roommate they found drug paraphernalia in his room and marijuana and he has already had his first court case, awaiting his next one, the other roommate had an alcohol problem and went into rehab but came out 2 weeks ago and is drinking again (but trying to control it) Hope it works... but doubtful. I could go on and on but sure hope the service wakes her up and makes her 'fly right'. Anyone else have a kid move out so soon and have such dilemmas?

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yvonne37
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:36 AM

oh my :(  thats a lot.  No, my kids are still home (thank goodness) my son is 20 and is working and going to college... he wont move out until he is almost done with college.  our daughter is 10 so shes got a long way to go.

while i think its a great thing that kids at that age feel strong enough to make it in the world by their own (kudos to your daughter) i still think they are too young at 18.  In our times 18 was a grown person, mature and responsible.. now.. well not so much.  That's my opinion.

i am guessing she works, did she find other roommates?

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:49 PM

My son is too little for those worries yet. Hopefully she has found other roomates. 

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:52 PM
My son is still young. Hopefully the military will change her. Hugs
nanacarolx2
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:12 PM

Both of my girls moved out young. My oldest at 17 and my youngest pretty much at 16. It has not always been great but they have used everything as a learning experience.

Even when I totally disagreed with what was going on, I did my very best to never  cut them off or out. I always tried to only give my opinion when they hinted for it or ask for it. I also learned ( I was told by my youngest!) that just because they called and were upset about something, they didn't need my to fix it, they just needed to talk or vent. They both turned out great. There were days, week months and even a couple years that I would've never believed it. There were nights all I could pray was "hold me Jesus" and finally fall asleep with my bible under my pillow! 

Your girl sounds like a young lady with a plan. She sounds as if she was raised to be an independent, productive you lady that is an asset to her community. 

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way they should go and even when they are old they will not depart from it.    They may stray at times. but the values you have instilled in her will always be there. 

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:07 PM

It sounds like she made some bad choices for friends. The service can be a great benefit to making strong adults out of wayward kids. I hope it works for her.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:11 PM

What exactly has she done that you consider her not 'flying right'?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)