Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Egg and milk intolerant babies and vaccines

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:53 AM
  • 9 Replies
My baby has bad colic and reflux, he's on Similac Alumentum formula, which has helped. Based on that my pediatrician belives that he is intolerant to milk protein and eggs.
I refused vaccines, as they contain cow milk protein, lactose and egg strings.
My nephew, who is alergic to eggs made a horrible reaction to the flu shot lat year, so I did some research. The doctor didn't say anything about it and let me delay vaccination for now.
Do any of you have cow milk or eggs intolerant babies or children and did you have any reaction to any vaccines? Please share some experience.
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BatPooCrazy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:04 AM

my DS has an intolerance to dairy & eggs, but i dont believe in the flu shot so we never got it for him. as for other vaccines, we delayed most of his vaccines.  he is 10 not and still hasnt caught up but we are doing it slowly

S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:13 AM
I don't believe that babies need so many vaccines with so much aluminum and other ingrediants and almost no control (in Europe the ingredients in the vaccines are regulated much better) so early and so many at once.
So we were going to delay anyway, especially the Hepatitis B, I'm not planning to get until he's ready for kindergarden.
But many doctors give the vaccines without informing the parents of intolerant babies that the vaccines contain cow milk protein, lactose and eggs and don't let the parents decide if the want to do the vaccines. Like my sister-in-law who had to put her son on so corticosteroids for weeks and poor baby was miserable with horrible bleeding rashes!

Quoting BatPooCrazy:

my DS has an intolerance to dairy & eggs, but i dont believe in the flu shot so we never got it for him. as for other vaccines, we delayed most of his vaccines.  he is 10 not and still hasnt caught up but we are doing it slowly

wandep
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:09 AM

I am lactose and always get the flu shot. Never had a problem with it. I would continue talking to your doctor about it.

Marivilla
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:17 AM
My 2 year old is severely allergic to eggs. Swelling, hives etc. Before we discovered he was allergic, he got the flu vaccine. He had an awful reaction. For one day he was shaking like a leaf, screaming and had a high fever. We never took him for his one month booster. He only gets a slight fever with other vaccines. His allergist said if we were really serious about the flu vaccine, they would give it to him in the allergy department and monitor him for 3 hours to make sure he doesn't go into anaphylactic shock.... we declined

My one year old recently got the flu vaccine (no allergy to eggs) and he got the same reaction. Crazy high fever, shaking like a leaf and screaming. I think we're going to hold off on the flu shot for the kids. I never have a problem when I get it.
msjoecool
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:24 AM
Six had horrible reflux as an infant. She did well with Alimentum. She got all vaccines on schedule.

Our second foster placement was 21 months when we got her. She was allergic to dairy, soy, tomato, corn, citrus, and I don't remember what else. We vaccinated according to schedule and to catch up what she was missing. She did fine.

Good luck. I'm sorry your baby is so miserable.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:29 AM
My son has a dairy and soy allergy. I've read vaccine ingredients and there is no dairy in them.
mom18103
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:16 PM
My son has problems with with reflux and dairy but he still got all his shots.

I had no problems.
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:32 PM
My son had lactose issues and received all his shots. No problem.
cymkare
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:51 PM

I think they only recommend skipping the flu vaccine for egg allergies, not all of them. 

We have been lucky and ours don't have any allergies. My sister's kids (all three) are allergic to practically everything. Honestly, it's easier to list what they aren't allergic to than what they are. Eggs, dairy, wheat, nuts, all kinds of dyes, mold, dust, almost all animals with feathers or fur, cirtus, coconut, perfumes, hairspray, most soaps, latex, grass, a bunch of trees, one of them even has a cotton allergy. 

Anyway, they got their shots and were fine afterwards. 

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)