Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you planning summer vacations yet?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM
  • 37 Replies
Last year we stayed at a friend's vacation house in the Poconos rent free for a week in August we made lots of fun day trips but I'm hoping we have the funds to do something more exciting this summer. We used to go to Block Island, RI for a week each summer for years. It's beautiful there! Are any of you already planning your summer vacations? Where will you visit? I'm in northeastern PA, btw...so looking for something that doesn't require us to pay airfare.
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

were planning a couple trips to pigeon forge and dollywood. i will probably go to charlotte and spend a few days with my sil. we always have fun. my husband is flying out to minnesota next week for five days and he is going to the bass master classicc in houston, tx for a week at the end of march. we are taking several little trips to our favorite little town about 90 minutes from here this year.

AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in the process of planning my vacation via Amtrak.  Depending on the ages of your kids and how many you have, it might make a fun vacation riding the rails (stay in sleeper compartments), stop a night or two someplace fun, then take the train back.

I'm traveling solo, and doing about 8500 miles in 2 weeks!

Easedropping
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:48 PM
Yes. We've already reserved a cabin for the end of June.
momwriter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Where do you go? The beach?

Quoting Easedropping: Yes. We've already reserved a cabin for the end of June.
countrymomma81
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM

Nope. Our financial situation is so up in the air right now and my husband will possibly have to have surgery on his foot which will put him out of work for 3 months. 

So far 2017 isn't shaping up to be any better for us than 2015 or 2016. But, you never know, things could change!

Easedropping
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM
This year the NC mountains.

Quoting momwriter: Where do you go? The beach?

Quoting Easedropping: Yes. We've already reserved a cabin for the end of June.
wandep
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:14 PM

No, we have house repairs to pay for so we probably won't go anywhere.

wandep
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:15 PM

We loved our mountain trips to TN. So much fun stuff to do.

Quoting lyrick24:

were planning a couple trips to pigeon forge and dollywood. i will probably go to charlotte and spend a few days with my sil. we always have fun. my husband is flying out to minnesota next week for five days and he is going to the bass master classicc in houston, tx for a week at the end of march. we are taking several little trips to our favorite little town about 90 minutes from here this year.

momwriter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM
Yea, I'm not sure what we'll end up doing, but hopefully will pull something off. I need foot surgery, too; I have a huge bunion that needs to be removed and I'll be out of commission for several weeks😒 I work part time but that extra income will be missed when we don't have it.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Nope. Our financial situation is so up in the air right now and my husband will possibly have to have surgery on his foot which will put him out of work for 3 months. 

So far 2017 isn't shaping up to be any better for us than 2015 or 2016. But, you never know, things could change!

sarahjz
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM

No, I wish we were.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)