Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Turn Down the Volume!! Too Loud!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:06 AM
  • 17 Replies

My son is 10 years old and we are constantly having to get on to him about turning the volume down on his TV, Ipad, and radio...he turns these up excessively loud.  He does not have a hearing problem but is ADHD.  Do you have a problem with your kids doing this?  It is driving me bonkers.  I dont understand why he wants these devices turned up so loud?!  I dont want it to damage his hearing.  

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:54 AM

The boys always did that too.  It was constant it seemed like to tell them to turn it down!!  lol

ALynn565
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Not really.. However, we had a neighbor that has a tv in his sun room, and he would blast it so loud that we could hear it all through our house, and this was at night, when we were trying to sleep. I think the lady that he lived with finally had him move out, because we have not seen him in a couple of months now. 

Handsup4
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM
My 8 year old daughter does this constantly. It's so annoying.
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this
There is parental controls on the ipad for volume turn it on. Same for most newer tvs. My ds used to do this now i put the parental controls on.
Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:03 AM
The kids don't have their own devices yet, but when DD4 gets Kindle time, the first thing she wants to do is turn the volume the whole way up.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM

idk, my kids do the same!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:02 AM
My kids as well!
TylersMom999
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Glad to know Im not the only one that deals with this!

virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My son doesn't do this but my older brother does. He's 60 now but has been like this his whole life. Even on the phone everything is turned up loud in the background and it's a shouting conversation with him. lol
delanna6two
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I do...but then I like it a little louder myself sometimes especially if it's a song I really like...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)