Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why soda is bad just fyi

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:37 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noneya73
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Total bullshit. Kids hav been drinking soda for years. Funny how there were no issues until fairly recently.
Everything in moderation.
S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:03 AM
I don't know... for one reason on another children's health in the US is getting worse every year and obesity and diabetes are on the rise.

Quoting Noneya73: Total bullshit. Kids hav been drinking soda for years. Funny how there were no issues until fairly recently.
Everything in moderation.
virginiamama71
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM
I agree there's too much sugar going into young bodies than it was 30 plus years ago.
S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Yes, today soda is a part of each meal (at leat in restaurants) and it has not been like that before.
I know people really addicted to soda. A coworker of mine comes to work with a huge cup of coke and she has a bottle, so she can refill the cup whole day. Related or not (?) she's obese.

Quoting virginiamama71: I agree there's too much sugar going into young bodies than it was 30 plus years ago.
helen491
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:48 AM
We know. But this is one addiction we pass down to the next generation. I remember my mother putting watered down Pepsi in my brothers bottle. She did it with my oldest dd also.
S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM
I hope that you stay healthy!

Quoting helen491: We know. But this is one addiction we pass down to the next generation. I remember my mother putting watered down Pepsi in my brothers bottle. She did it with my oldest dd also.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:59 AM

That doesn't mean that soda itself is bad.

Everything in moderation. So instead of blaming the food/drinks. How about we blame the ones who drink nothing else but soda, or eat nothing else but junk food.

Saying you should never drink soda, because it's bad for you, is like saying spoons make people fat.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Everything in moderation. My oldest rarely has a soda but when she does she gets to enjoy a treat. My youngest and second don't like the fizz from soda. Just like like so many things in life. It's all about moderation.

S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:16 AM
It is notngood, but wouldn't hurt in mideration. But especially with kids, I think it's difficult to limit... as they are getting used to it and ask for it with every meal.
I don't drink any soda. But when I'm extermely tired or sick, I can have a coke, it works like drug for me. But it's may be once per year.

Quoting Basherte:

That doesn't mean that soda itself is bad.

Everything in moderation. So instead of blaming the food/drinks. How about we blame the ones who drink nothing else but soda, or eat nothing else but junk food.

Saying you should never drink soda, because it's bad for you, is like saying spoons make people fat.

S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Although it's not good, I agree that once in a while wouldn't hurt. As long it doesn't grow to be habit, as it seems to me that drinking soda became today.

Quoting Raeann11:

Everything in moderation. My oldest rarely has a soda but when she does she gets to enjoy a treat. My youngest and second don't like the fizz from soda. Just like like so many things in life. It's all about moderation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)